• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have lost complete faith in......

WraithSentinel

Who was going to trade up? Everyone keep saying trade down. Who do we trade down with and what value can we get for the pick? Answer is none of you know. We probably didn't get any solid offers that made it worth trading down. Do not trade down unless an offer is worth taking.

Houston. Seattle. NO. You telling me none of those teams wanted the 5 pick? Please. Don't fool yourself. If you want to make yourself feel good by saying we got a steal with S. Williams at 5 then keep saying stupid crap like this. We SUCK. More specifically, BK sucks major ass balls.

Why is it that the world knew we'd draft this "solid" guy before we had to make it known. This was the worst kept secret in the NBA...other than BK Flucking up the pick. Please...we are fans..and as such we have the right to grumble..And I have an opinion and could care less if you don't like it. It's not meant to make you happy. The draft was disaster in my opinion.

It make no sense for NO to trade up. Players they wanted and needed were within their range. Seattle, what were they offering? Dropping from 5 to 10 is huge in this draft. Was there ever any proof of Houston offering to trade up? I know there was rumors. Nothing was ever proven. I believe BK dismiss the rumors just last night as never even coming up.

wait, now i don't want to hear ANY mess about how we gave up too much info on making a promise to shelden...everyone and their mama have been bashing BK for being so tight lipped about everything and how noone knows what the Hawks are ever gonna do and now they do and people complain we gave up too much info? unbeleivable

personally i don't like the jones pick...and i would have thought BK would have tried to trade down and get Shelden but we don't know what he tried to do and what the other teams said.

So because nothing was ever proven then that's it? You believe BK? You think that an average Hawks fan couldn't have gotten more from this draft? I mean, we pay BK to be on the phone right? So he couldn't make a move to get us something more? Sheldon was a consensus 8-10 pick. That means we could've gotten more. The bottom line is BK is a moron that didn't do his job. If I was an owner he'd have been gone last year.

+1. Last year, the gripe was "Why didn't we take a point guard, we needed a point guard?" This year, BK fills the biggest need we have with the best big man available, so now it's "Why didn't we draft Roy, he was the best player available?" I used to think pretty highly of the collective BB IQ of this board, now I'm not so sure.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Who was going to trade up? Everyone keep saying trade down. Who do we trade down with and what value can we get for the pick? Answer is none of you know. We probably didn't get any solid offers that made it worth trading down. Do not trade down unless an offer is worth taking.

Houston, Orlando, and Utah all got Sgs and all would have traded for Roy. NOBODY other than BK WANTED Shelden Williams and certainly Portland wasn't going to trade up to get Roy after BK had already leaked the SW promise. What a lame display of GMing!

W

W

I think this is a little off

C-Zaza Pachulia/Shelden Williams/Estaban Batista

PF-Josh Smith/Solomon Jones

SF-Marvin Williams/Donta Smith

SG-Joe Johnson/Josh Childress

PG-Tyronn Lue/Salim Stoudamire/Royal Ivey

Solomon is a C, no PF exist in his body or skills at all. Shelden is closer to a PF than Solomon will ever be. You like this pick but have Shelden starting behind ZaZa?

Sounds like a BK theory, lets add depth before we add starters. The only good thing out of this whole draft is maybe MWill gets a chance to start. That is a big maybe; as the way I see it is:

C-Zaza Pachulia/Solomon Jones /Estaban Batista

PF-Shelden Williams/Josh Smith/

SF-Marvin Williams/Donta Smith

SG-Joe Johnson/Josh Childress

PG-Tyronn Lue/Salim Stoudamire/Royal Ivey

Hmm, I wonder how many Smoove fans will be happy if ZaZa and MWill are both starting while Chillz and Smoove are riding the pine. Or how many BK fans will be happy if MWill (2nd overall pick) and Chilz (lotto pick) are riding the pine. Great two drafts right?

The only way this draft makes sense is if:

C-Shelden Williams

PF-Josh Smith

SF-Marvin Williams

SG-Joe Johnson

PG-If BK does not care what's the point? Get it?

6th man Chillz

That lineup will get killed by every team that has a star caliber player that is 6'10" or better. That means every team that is worth a flip and not in the lottery and some teams that were in the lottery.

We will be in the lottery next year for these two reasons:

We did not address our height issue (lack there of). And we did not address our PG issue (lack there of).

And we will be in the lottery two years from now; because next year, even though we are a lotto team, we have no lotto pick.

And you still like this draft? Sorry man, but BK has sold us out for a team full of players that would make up a great college team but could not beat a good Euro team. Even Euro teams have 6'10" and 7' starters that can play.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Hmm, I wonder how many Smoove fans will be happy if ZaZa and MWill are both starting while Chillz and Smoove are riding the pine. Or how many BK fans will be happy if MWill (2nd overall pick) and Chilz (lotto pick) are riding the pine. Great two drafts right?

No way this comes out good.

Quote:

The only way this draft makes sense is if:

C-Shelden Williams

PF-Josh Smith

SF-Marvin Williams

SG-Joe Johnson

PG-If BK does not care what's the point? Get it?

6th man Chillz

That lineup will get killed by every team that has a star caliber player that is 6'10" or better. That means every team that is worth a flip and not in the lottery and some teams that were in the lottery.

Even a worse scenario

Quote:

We did not address our height issue (lack there of). And we did not address our PG issue (lack there of).

And we will be in the lottery two years from now; because next year, even though we are a lotto team, we have no lotto pick.

And you still like this draft? Sorry man, but BK has sold us out for a team full of players that would make up a great college team but could not beat a good Euro team. Even Euro teams have 6'10" and 7' starters that can play.

BK has gotten at least TWO significant too many passes with his decision making. Time to go.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Umm. Ever heard of free agency?

I just bought some cheese at the grocery store. Interested?

Quote:

Umm. Ever heard of free agency?

I just bought some cheese at the grocery store. Interested?

Not really man. But I think BK and company will need more than their fare share over the next couple of years...

I wonder if the NCAA would be willing to take us in as a small college or something?