• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I applaud BK for addressing a BIG need.

mrhonline

Quote:

One of the best defenders in the NCAA's and a promising project big man in the 2nd round.

The Hawks can now turn their attention to bringing in another ballhandler or two via free agency.

6'9 is just big. Words can't begin to say at how great the Hawks will be with all that height now.

• Premium Member

Quote:

you're assuming that the Hawks will actually be making trades with all this legal nonsense going on. That may not be the case.

If the legal nonsense remains unresolved, then the draft doesn't matter anyway.

BK blew it b/c we didnt want Shelden? He obviously knows what he is doing so although Shelden wasnt what some of us wanted, we have to have faith and see how it works out. I wanted Foye in the worst way and it'll suck watching him become a star but thats life, its either moan and groan or see whats in the road ahead. I look forward to seeing what Shelden brings to our team. Its something that we're lacking bigtime and Solomon is an instant upgrade over some bums on the bench and might turn out to be a defensive contributor off of the bench. Now its time to see what we can get for Al and hopefully we'll get a decent guard in return.

Quote:

BK blew it b/c we didnt want Shelden? He obviously knows what he is doing so although Shelden wasnt what some of us wanted, we have to have faith and see how it works out. I wanted Foye in the worst way and it'll suck watching him become a star but thats life, its either moan and groan or see whats in the road ahead. I look forward to seeing what Shelden brings to our team. Its something that we're lacking bigtime and Solomon is an instant upgrade over some bums on the bench and might turn out to be a defensive contributor off of the bench. Now its time to see what we can get for Al and hopefully we'll get a decent guard in return.

I bet they'd love you in jail. You seem like you'd take it and just learn to like it.

How does he obviousally know what he's doing? How many great teams has he built? How many allstars has he drafted?

like I said, I wanted Foye but why stress over something we cant control. I'm game to see how this pans out. I'll let you [censored] about it for the next year instead.

the Al Harrington trade and free agency.

Now that we have addressed our down low defense presence, we need to get a guard next to Joe Johnson. I don't think it has to be a point guard. I feel it can be a shooting guard with good ball-handling skills, aka combo guard. Tyron Lue, Royal Ivey, or Salim Stoudamire are NOT NBA starting level guards, point OR shooting.

I think Marcus Banks would be a good addition. Bobby Jackson, of course Jason Terry.

One other thing I will say. Somebody needs to give Seattle a call. They just drafted another big and they are overloaded at that position now. They have GOT to be giving somebody up. And somebody young.

I agree. We still have a good bargaining chip with Al Harrington and money under the cap. And also only BK knows what will happen with David Andersen and Cenk Akyol. They are another BIG and PG that we have under contract that could help us out.

I think we could have traded down and gotten another 2008 pick, but the draft is over now. Let's move on.

Quote:

6'9 is just big. Words can't begin to say at how great the Hawks will be with all that height now.

Come on now. He might not be as tall as we'd like, but he's big. And that was a big problem last year. Shelden fits a need. I wanted Foye too, but I'm fine with Shelden.

Quote:

Quote:

Come on now. He might not be as tall as we'd like, but he's big. And that was a big problem last year. Shelden fits a need. I wanted Foye too, but I'm fine with Shelden.

I think he'll play well. But you can get role players throughout the draft. It reminds me of the Childress pick a few years ago. He seems like he'll play well, but is choosen at a position that doesn't seem to match his talent level.

Now, I don't know alot about these draft picks... But judging by peoples opinions and everything it looks high to take a role player. But hey, we can look at this way... It shouldn't be a Jon Koncak/Joe Kline or that dude the Raptors picked a few years ago that has turned out to totally suck.

The team does infact need some seasoned players. If Al leaves I think JJ is the oldest player at 25 years old.