• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK to be on Dimino's show on 790 this AM

skaughtybee

Skaughty I thought it was a damn good segment. The hosts asked everything I thought that I wanted to know and the callers wernt patting him on the back. I mean Billy knight had to put a positive spin on things but its gonna be real interesting to see what happends. What did you think?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Skaughty I thought it was a damn good segment. The hosts asked everything I thought that I wanted to know and the callers wernt patting him on the back. I mean Billy knight had to put a positive spin on things but its gonna be real interesting to see what happends. What did you think?

I agree. I wish Dimino had taken a back seat to Leak, as he is the more knowledgable and passionate Hawk fan. Billy showed a more humble side (I think primarily to appease Dimino and move the discussion to more basketball-related items).

Bill showed he could be responsive when asked questions, rather than being forced to be defensive of his demeanor. The best (most informative) response came after a fan posed an intelligent question about the PHX/BOS trade. Billy was very open and respectful in his answer.

Quote:

Sorry, I didn't take the promise leak that way at all. I think, from what I heard from Sheldon this morning, that one of Sheldon's friends said this to the media, but he had no idea what he was talking about.

I agree. He said point blank that he didn't make a promise. Just because he followed it up by saying that he could understand that some teams sometimes do make promises, doesn't mean he did. If he was going to try to hint at it that way, he would come out and say it. He's not one to sugar coat things.

Was listening at work but got interupted. One thing he also touched on was that he has been the one limiting how much the team spent in bringing players in, not the owners. Sounds like the owners have been asking him to pursue players he did not think were worth the money.

Also, sounds like the court proceedings will not hamper him this Summer.

If we like this kind of interview we ALL ought to email the Hawks and Dimino and give them some positive feedback. Maybe BK will come out more if he gets some good emails from the fans. - This is what we need every week. Just to keep our hopes up, otherwise we only hear rumors.

Lets say if knight actually "did do it".....would he ever come out and say I made a promise to shelden williams at #5? I dont think he would cause that would be a pr nightmare. Outlets such as draft express nailing the hawks draft (1st and 2nd), the dropouts of workouts by shelden (for no reason), and shelden saying that his friend put that out there (you know you would tell your boys and family about one of the greatest momments in your life in getting a promise to get drafted) are just a few clues that I beleive that this went down. And yeah the draft is over but I just dont think they should have locked themselves into anything at #5.

In case you haven't noticed, BK doesn't really give a damn what critics say. I think that if he had made a promis, he would either say that he did and explain why, or would say that he doesn't like to discuss specific deals or something of that nature. As we know, he is masterful at dodging questions he doesn't want to answer. Hell he would probably answer "well shelden is a basketball PLAYER..."

For him to come out and be very blunt in saying that there absolutely was no deal, ther is no reason to disbelieve him.

He says no promise

Shelden says no promise

Woodson says no promise

what more do you want? You are putting the word of some anonymous rumor maker over the word of the 3 people directly involved. Think about that.

Quote:

Lets say if knight actually "did do it".....would he ever come out and say I made a promise to shelden williams at #5?...

This is no hit on you DC, but I can't understand the media making such an issue out of this now? It's a dead issue. We got Shelden. It's not like a legality thing...if some media guy could somehow PROVE there waas a promise, it's not like BK would be going to jail.

Good info on his thoughts about a PG though. The hint on size narrows the field a good bit (sorry Speedy).

Sounds exactly like J. Crawford to me..It makes sense..Crawford is capable at the point, can score, and can also play the 2 if needed..He is also someone that could probably be had in a sign and trade for AL..AL in a snt for Crawford and Jackie Butler would be ideal..

First of all the second one was complete luck. It's not a leak. They guess every pick every year, and most years they get a good number right. Hell I guessed both of our picks right last year.

Picks towards the top are usually the easiest to guess. Even in this particularly "unpredictable" draft, I believe ESPN got 9 of the first 12 picks right. It's not like we're special here. Like I've said before, people pretty much knew Toronto was taking Bargnani, Chicago was getting Thomas. Do you hear them whining?

What matters is whether you got who you wanted and if any leaks cost you anything. If we knew that Shelden would be there at 5 and we couln't risk trading down (boston - minny were eyeing him at 6-7), what's the problem?

I don't see any embarassment.

Do you think Billy knight would actually be stupid enough to publicly come out say he promised shelden at #5?

Obviously Knight gives a damn what the fans (who can be critics too) think because if he didnt he wouldnt try to massage what the hell is going on with this team today on radio. Today was an explanation on what the hawks have done up to this point and in the draft and also an attempt to make the hawks fans feel good about whats going on. So to say he doesnt give a damn what anyone thinks is stupid. You forget critics are not just the media.

OH I agee DJ the draft has passed and it is what it is. I just dont think you operate that way again (if that is indeed what happend). Even if we dodge a bullet with this pick I dont think you use that method again next year (if that what allegedly went down). Much like you dont publicly come out and say that "you take the best player" (like we did last year) and all of a sudden you go against your own theory the follwing year and draft for need. Questionable methods imo.

The darkhorse candidate is John Salmons. Salmons may be the Crawford type player without the problems and with a cheaper contract. I don't see BK picking up Crawford with his current contract and questionable defense. BK's description of the player he wants sounds more like another JJ type player than a true point. I wonder if Woody and BK see eye to eye on this.

I would go for that. Crawford seems like he can be a good contributor to the team. He's a bad fit in NY, adding in Butler would kill both of our needs with one stone. I would not be surprised that this is the deal that was worked out before the trade deadline but they decided to wait until the off season to do it. The reason for that being that Billy didn't want to throw Marvin into a starting job and kill the kids confidence. Plus, Marvin has to develop his body for the NBA.

Any thoughts guys on where our pg will come from? I dont see anything in free agency that appeals to me. Next years draft is most likely a wash (barring any other trade) because of the phoenix trade and even if we hit the top 3 I dont see a pg highly reguarded enough for that pick. So I think its gotta come down to al and something else we have already to get someone in here. Any "realistic" possibilites you guys?