Never thought about 3 point plays.

Diesel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He was definitely worried about Minnesota or Boston taking Shelden I think. That is a fair concern if Shelden was our guy. Teams weren't giving up much to move up in this draft. We wouldn't have gotten much to take the risk of not getting our guy. BK made the right choice in not trading down.

• Admin

is why take on guaranteed salary for a guy that you don't really want or anticipate playing. So while everyone is moaning and groaining and bitching that he could have traded dwon and picked up a marginal bench player, they don't take into consideration that he didnt' want to be stuck paying a guy that we weren't likely to play much.

• Premium Member

he says it's really unfair because Woody can only coach the players we put here...

He establish defense is important.

Dimino is cracking BK about Woody's relationship with Stoudamire.

Dimino is cracking BK about Woody's urgency.

BK Defends.

Mentioning that there have been some "uneven moments" with Josh Smith and Stoudamire.

BK alludes to Salim being a good kid...

By no means am I advocating him as a PG but does he have skills that would/could complement JJ? I've not seen him play so I can't really comment. His draft evalution did indicate that he has good handles, vision and passing skills. Any thoughts on what he can realistically bring to the table??

• Moderators

Quote:

is why take on guaranteed salary for a guy that you don't really want or anticipate playing. So while everyone is moaning and groaining and bitching that he could have traded dwon and picked up a marginal bench player, they don't take into consideration that he didnt' want to be stuck paying a guy that we weren't likely to play much.

Most of the other trade downs didn't involve marginal bench players, though. Somone like Luther Head is more than a marginal bench player - although it is not at all clear that Head was on the table.

Quote:

Agreed. In all fairness, Harrington will be gone.

JJ 2

Chill 2/3

Marvin 3/4

Smith 3/4

Shelden 4/5

Zaza 5

6 guys for 4 positions isn't too bad. That's an average of 32 minutes each. (before scrubs)

And if you run, that's about the limit of endurance.