• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we did trade.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Can anyone say Derrick Anderson?

I was thinking about it.

What if us, Portland and NY got a little threeway action going on?

NY would love to get rid of Spree and pick up Stoudamire.

NY would also love some big man (Hendu).

We would like someone who can handle the rock and help us overall.

I'm too lazy to do the numbers on realgm. But I should be close:

Atlanta recieves Harrington/D. Anderson.

Portland gets Spreewell/Weatherspoon

NY gets Stoudamire/Randolph/Hendu/Glover

Atlanta's new Lineup:

JT/Anderson/Grob/SAR/Theo

Can anybody say ZONE Defense?

• Premium Member

I like Aaron McKie a lot too. However, I don't think that Philly would be willing to give him up at all. Also, I don't know what would make Philly want to trade anybody right now. They look very strong with:

Snow, AI, MckIe, Van Horn, and Tmac.

Larry Brown has done it again. What could we offer?

Anderson fits our offensive needs. He's a big 2 that can handle the rock. Now that Portland has Daniels and McInnis and they have Wells... There's no room for Anderson.

Here is a guess.... portland is dying to get rid of stoudamire at almost any price... the knicks are possibly the only team in the league that can use him right now...

portland gets the veteran center they want and gets rid of a headache and an extremely promising young player and a solid veteran guard in daniels...

knicks take on a bad contract but get rid of two bad ones...

Atlanta trades: C Theo Ratliff (7.3 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 0.9 apg in 28.8 minutes)

SG Emanual Davis (3.4 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 12.7 minutes)

Atlanta receives: PG Antonio Daniels (3.9 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.4 apg in 15.4 minutes)

PF Zach Randolph (6.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.9 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -0.4 ppg, -4.6 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

Portland trades: PG Damon Stoudamire (7.0 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.6 apg in 25.2 minutes)

SF Ruben Patterson (7.9 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.5 apg in 22.7 minutes)

PG Antonio Daniels (3.9 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.4 apg in 15.4 minutes)

Portland receives: C Theo Ratliff (7.3 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 0.9 apg in 16 games)

Change in team outlook: -17.9 ppg, -4.5 rpg, and -6.1 apg.

New York trades: SF Shandon Anderson (8.4 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.5 apg in 31.1 minutes)

PG Howard Eisley (7.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 6.9 apg in 30.7 minutes)

New York receives: PG Damon Stoudamire (7.0 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.6 apg in 12 games)

Change in team outlook: -8.9 ppg, -5.1 rpg, and -4.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta, Portland, and New York being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta, Portland, and New York had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I'm sure that they could throw in a first rounder or two (not like they need them right now) to sweeten it a bit...

don't underestimate randolph though... he has looked very sharp (offensively) in limited minutes this year...

daniels also could allow JT to move to shooting guard as well....

The guys I want McKie/Barry/Christie are not

able to get.It's very hard to get a big all round

SG that can play some defense.Anderson would

be the next best option.Penny might be a option.

don't get me wrong I really like anderson and would love to have him!

there is absolutely, positively zero chance that the blazers will trade anderson unless he is part of a blockbuster deal that brings them a superstar (without a checkered past)...

Also if you read the copied and pasted article at the bottom you'll see that sprewell is fairly unlikely to be a blazer as well...

he is a captain and a leader and cheeks loves him!

daniels covers needs by being the big point that can allow JT to play shooting guard either full time or part-time... the fact that he plays great defense is a bonus...

randolph is more from a standpoint of potential... I agree that he might not show incredible dividends but he is similar to Jermaine in that he has to have more PT to improve and portland just can't give him enough right now...

here is the excerpt from an oregonian article:

Commentators on ESPN's "NBA 2Night," including respected former San Antonio Spurs forward Sean Elliott, wondered when Blazers owner Paul Allen would just throw his hands up and say enough -- presumably meaning dismantle the team. Elliott was critical of the Blazers acquiring too much talent, saying an eight-man core with role players is about right.

Even before the latest incidents, Whitsitt had been criticized for acquiring players with problem-ridden pasts.

Certainly, that was the case with Patterson, whose previous brushes with the law included a conviction on misdemeanor assault charges for breaking a man's jaw in Cleveland and allegations that he forced his family's nanny to perform a sex act while he was a member of the Seattle SuperSonics.

"It's fair to say we've probably been more on the aggressive side in terms of giving guys opportunities," Whitsitt said. "You really have to look at each player case by case, situation by situation.

"Are we as aggressive, and will we be aggressive (in the future)? I think the answer to that is no. But does that mean you won't still look at things in the future? You have to look at all opportunities.

"But let's face it, I don't want to call it bad luck. We've had a bad string of situations here, and it's not what we want to go through, so we have to be extra careful going the other way." Jim Beseda: 503-221-8380; jimbeseda@news.oregonian.com

• Premium Member

I don't know.

I think we could get Barry. I believe if we floated Theo for Barry and James that Seattle would think long and hard over it. Seattle has a mess of SG, but no people upfront. They need defensive frontcourt. IF we can cart Theo out and let him play strong defense, Seattle just may bite.

I don't see the love for Christie. Christie would have been great 3 yrs ago, but now... He's not the ballhandler he was coming out of pepperdine. His defense is good, but he's not much of an upgrade over Ira.

I agree, McKie is probably not attainable.

• Premium Member

Actually, Spreewell would be a move that makes a lot of sense despite his past.

Here's why:

Portland gets rid of Stoudamire

How long is that contract. I mean now they are paying about 13 million dollars to be a BU BU PG. Portland has Anderson, Daniels, and McInnis all ready to play.

They end the worry over Wells

Wells can be a STAR in this league but somebody has to remove the doubt. That means that Anderson has to go. Anderson can't play the 3. BUT Spreewell Can. Spreewell, Wells could be an awesome combo as the 2, 3.

They get ready for the departure of Pippen, Patterson, and others

Until Quintyl Woods is ready, PTL looks to be hurting for SF. Spree, Wells, and Spoon will make a fine rotation there. Plus having cleaned up the doubt at PG and SG will help everyone on that team.

I think Cheeks can adjust to whatever he gets. Remember he's a disciple of Larry Brown. That's some good coaching.

oh yes getting rid of stoudamire has been important for quite a while and he has 2 more years left on that contract I'm pretty sure...

wells will be long long long gone before anderson is trust me... he has been a distraction already this year and cheeks isn't as enamored with bonzi as much as anderson (mainly because bonzi refuses to play a lick of defense)...

once again they are not going to take on sprewell IMO after all of the black eyes they have been receiving with thugs and perceived thugs...

bonzi can also play SF as well as DA depending on matchups so they are not as thin there as you might think...

once again two things keep that from happening:

1) blazers *will not* trade anderson at this point unless he is part of a trade for a current superstar without a checkered past

2) they would be extremely unlikely to take on sprewell at this point

I really do think that there could be some trade possibilities with these three teams as I posted yesterday... I'd really like to see it...

one other wildcard besides the bulls and clippers could be minnesota... given babcocks family ties and the fact that the blazers already had very serious discussions with them (minn) about unloading stoudamire during the offseason (for brandons contract and peeler) I wouldn't be shocked to see something happen with them in a 2 or 3 way deal...

Portland trades: PF Rasheed Wallace (17.9 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.3 apg in 35.7 minutes)

PG Damon Stoudamire (7.0 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.6 apg in 25.2 minutes)

Portland receives: SF Kevin Garnett (21.2 ppg, 13.6 rpg, 5.6 apg in 40.8 minutes)

SG Anthony Peeler (6.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.2 apg in 24.0 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -3.3 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and +1.4 apg.

Minnesota trades: SF Kevin Garnett (21.2 ppg, 13.6 rpg, 5.6 apg in 40.8 minutes)

SG Anthony Peeler (6.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.2 apg in 24.0 minutes)

Minnesota receives: PF Rasheed Wallace (17.9 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.3 apg in 15 games)

PG Damon Stoudamire (7.0 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.6 apg in 12 games)

PF Zach Randolph (6.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 14 games)

Change in team outlook: +3.3 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and -1.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Cheech and Chong plus Randolph is not going to land you KG, a solid citizen who also happens to be one of the top 5 players in the NBA, and Peeler. If it were that easy to get KG, I'm sure the Hawks would be willing to offer 2 of their Big 3 for KG. I'd send Reef and Big Dog for KG in a heartbeat and I think that combination has more value than Wallace and Stoudemire. As for Randolph, he's a very good young prospect but if he's that good, why can't he get any PT? Wallace can easily slide over to SF to find room for him on the court. In addition, if KG were available, I think a LOT of teams would come up with better offers than either the Hawks or the Blazers could. For instance, SAC could offer Stojokovic, Bibby and Clark (or some like combo) for KG.

I agree with you that Wells is likely to go before Anderson. Wells does have talent but if Portland wants to get rid of their attitude problems, he has to be close to the top of their trade list.

it is indeed a bit of a dream.... however KG makes about 20 mil a year right? however he has one year remaining on his contract...

will Minn want to pony up that much money to resign KG when they haven't been able to get out of the first round of the playoffs for about 7 years? what if they can get draft picks and 3 starters for him?