• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dominos may start to fall

tmac13

Chandler has a much higher rebounding rate than Zaza. Zaza played 36 minutes per game. Chandler only played 28 minutes per game, and he still outrebounded Zaza.

Tyson Chandler also tied for 1st in the NBA, among qualfied players, in rebounds per 48 minutes. He and Dwight Howard both averaged 16.8 rebounds per 48 minutes. He's posted rebounding rates of better than 19% in each of the past three seasons.

There are only two players the Hawks could possibly get right now that are in the same stratosphere as Tyson Chandler as rebounders. Those are Jeff Foster from Indiana and Reggie Evans, who is a free agent.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Chandler has a much higher rebounding rate than Zaza. Zaza played 36 minutes per game. Chandler only played 28 minutes per game, and he still outrebounded Zaza.

O.K. so why didn't they play him more than 28 minutes per game? It not like they had another center on the team! And in the playoff agains miami he averaged 4.5 rbg

Tyrus, Nocioni, and Deng at forward for the Bulls. They aren't committing the big money to Harrington folks. They have a major commitment with those 3 guys...4 is a crowd. Tyrus will be ready within a year or two. Harrington makes ZERO sense. Chandler won't be traded for AL...mark it down.

He goes to the Hornets for PJ Brown, who is PERFECT for the Bulls. He gives them one great year of defense and rebounding while Tyrus develops...and then comes off the books next summer while the Bulls evaluate a better FA crop next summer.

Chandler isn't going to ATL...ESPN is wrong most of the time. We sign one player and everybody starts going crazy. We don't need Chandlers hideous contract anyway. ZERO chance of AL in Chicago...unless Deng is moved and not likely even then.

I'd rather not be tied into Chandler's contract, to be honest about it. IMO he just makes way too much money for the player he is, and much more importantly having that big and long contract on the books could make it that much more difficult for us when it comes time to re-sign our own players.

No way do I believe his production merits his salary. Chicago signed him to that deal, why should we take that problem off their hands?

I personally don't think it's a "problem". He's a legitimate 7'0" defensive center. It's not the state line you're paying for, it's the inside presence and his ability to alter shots.

For any of you who watched the Heat-Chicago playoff series, the announcers made a huge deal about the trouble Chicago was in after Chandler twisted his ankle in what I think was Game 5. He scored 0 points that game. However, he was still having a huge impact on the game through his defense. That's why I wouldn't mind the trade.

Quote:

Quote:

Taking back Chandler is a much better fit for the Hawks.

I'm sorry, I live in the Chicago area and see a lot of Bulls games. My official stance is that Chandler is garbage!

Well many CHicago fans would disagree.

Chandler is a 10 & 10 player in a year or two, who also plays Tenacious D. As long as he is not expected to carry a team he is going to be a good player in ths league for the next 10 years. He was one of the biggest reasons the Bulls made the playoffs 2 years ago, and his rebirth at the end of last season helped get Chicago over the edge. He is a game changer on the defensive end - and that should not be overlooked.