• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Starting lineup

Plainview1981

Going with what what have... First list what you thinkthe starting lineup will be... Second, list the lineup that you would go with.

I think Woodson will go with:

PG:Speedy Claxton/Lue/Salim

SG:Joe Johnson/Childress

SF:Josh Smith/Childress/M.Williams

PF:Shelden Williams/M.Williams

C:ZaZa/S.Williams/Edwards

I would go with:

PG:Speedy Claxton/Lue/Salim

SG:Joe Johnson/Childress

SF:Marvin Williams/Childress

PFJosh Smith/M.Williams

C:Shelden Williams/ZaZa/Edwards

I don't see the benefits over playing ZaZa over Williams at center.... Consider ZaZa is a crappy defender his 1 1/2 inches don't make much of a difference.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I agree. I don't think Zaza should play over one of our young players. Hopefully by the end of the season, and especially heading into the 2007-2008 season, Zaza isn't a starter anymore.

If ZaZa was good defensive player to go along with his rebound ing and scoring I could see the point. But if you got a bad defense at that position SW isn't going to make it any worse by playing at center.

Quote:

There is no way in hell you start a 6'8 FC over a 6'11 F/C who avg 11/7 unless Shelden kicks natural azz in summer league and preseason.

If the 6'11 plays really bad defense the 6'8 better defensive player isn't going to do much or any worse. Furthermore, ZaZa is below Smoove/M.Williams/Childress on the developing chart.

Quote:

I don't see how you would figure that Zaza is just as young as all of those guys. And as far as defense goes, we have no idea on Shelden yet.

Marvin Williams/Josh Childress/Josh Smith/Shelden Williams are pretty much lottery picks. ZaZa is a backup late first rounder .

Quote:

Quote:

I don't see how you would figure that Zaza is just as young as all of those guys. And as far as defense goes, we have no idea on Shelden yet.

Marvin Williams/Josh Childress/Josh Smith/Shelden Williams are pretty much lottery picks. ZaZa is a backup late first rounder .

Exactly. Zaza Pachulia by far has the least potential out of any of our starters. Shelden Williams from day one will be a better defender and rebounder than Zaza Pachulia. People are obsessing over his height but they need to look at the elite strength, defensive positioning, defensive instincts, and overall toughness. Not to mention he has hte wingspan of a 7 footer. I see Shelden averaging just under a shade of 2 blocks per game next year. That's something Zaza would never do.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly. Zaza Pachulia by far has the least potential out of any of our starters. Shelden Williams from day one will be a better defender and rebounder than Zaza Pachulia. People are obsessing over his height but they need to look at the elite strength, defensive positioning, defensive instincts, and overall toughness. Not to mention he has hte wingspan of a 7 footer. I see Shelden averaging just under a shade of 2 blocks per game next year. That's something Zaza would never do.

Shelden has the wingspan of a 7 footer? Zaza is a 7 footer. You can teach Zaza to be better defensively and he is a far more talented player offensively. Zaza is also top 3 in the league in offensive rebounds. trust me Shelden ain't starting center for us.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Shelden has the wingspan of a 7 footer? Zaza is a 7 footer. You can teach Zaza to be better defensively and he is a far more talented player offensively. Zaza is also top 3 in the league in offensive rebounds. trust me Shelden ain't starting center for us.

The only thing Zaza rebounds his his own misses. You don't start a late 1st round backup over the 5th pick draft who is ready to play. PERIOD.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The only thing Zaza rebounds his his own misses. You don't start a late 1st round backup over the 5th pick draft who is ready to play. PERIOD.

By your logic you don't start Arenas over anybody Washington drafted this year because Arenas was a second rounder. Idiotic.

You start the incumbent 6'11 11/7 per game center unless the 6'8 never played in the NBA PF does something in the preseason so amazing that you must start him...and if he did it would still be at PF AND NOT AT EFFIN CENTER

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

By your logic you don't start Arenas over anybody Washington drafted this year because Arenas was a second rounder. Idiotic.

You start the incumbent 6'11 11/7 per game center unless the 6'8 never played in the NBA PF does something in the preseason so amazing that you must start him...and if he did it would still be at PF AND NOT AT EFFIN CENTER

Let me know when Zaza puts up 27PPG. mmmmkkkyy.

It doesn't matter if Zaza is 6'11. He can't defend anybody. Size only means something if a player uses it.... ZaZa doesn't use it.

Idiotic is not being able to understand why a late first rounder with limited skills isn't as important as lottery picks whom you have a H*llva lot riding on.

Go sit in the back, short yellow bus boy. You're being punished.

ZaZa is a limited player and doesn't provide what the Hawks need in the starting lineup. His 11 points when factoring in his defense doesn't help you alot. You don't draft 4 year college players with the 5th pick to sit them on the bench in favor of unathletic, no defense playing, late first rounders.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Let me know when Zaza puts up 27PPG. mmmmkkkyy.

It doesn't matter if Zaza is 6'11. He can't defend anybody. Size only means something if a player uses it.... ZaZa doesn't use it.

Idiotic is not being able to understand why a late first rounder with limited skills isn't as important as lottery picks whom you have a H*llva lot riding on.

Go sit in the back, short yellow bus boy. You're being punished.

ZaZa is a limited player and doesn't provide what the Hawks need in the starting lineup. His 11 points when factoring in his defense doesn't help you alot. You don't draft 4 year college players with the 5th pick to sit them on the bench in favor of unathletic, no defense playing, late first rounders.

Starting Williams at center isn't what you truly want, but the way Billy has drafted you're left with little choice. The Hawks gave up 102PPG on defense. That's about as bad as it gets.

Quote:

I agree. I don't think Zaza should play over one of our young players. Hopefully by the end of the season, and especially heading into the 2007-2008 season, Zaza isn't a starter anymore.

LOL. Zaza is 4 months younger then Shelden Williams. So, Zaza is one of our younger players.

you play Shelden next to Zaza in the starting lineup to cover Zaza's defeciencies on the defensive end. it was something Al "matador" was sorely equipped to do.

Billy Knight said Smoove is a 3/4. Smoove said he prefers to play the three. Marvin is still not old enough to buy alcohol. it's okay if he comes off the bench as our 6th man.

I'm guessing it takes a little time before Shelden wins the starting spot. Smith has earned it. Childress and Marvin will fight for the SF spot to begin the season.

1 Speedy - Lue - Ivey

2 Johnson - Salim - Childress - Ivey

3 Marvin (Childress) - Childress (Marvin) - Smith

4 Smith - Shelden - - Marvin - Batista

5 Zaza - Shelden - Edwards

Quote:

I'm guessing it takes a little time before Shelden wins the starting spot. Smith has earned it. Childress and Marvin will fight for the SF spot to begin the season.

1 Speedy - Lue - Ivey

2 Johnson - Salim - Childress - Ivey

3 Marvin (Childress) - Childress (Marvin) - Smith

4 Smith - Shelden - - Marvin - Batista

5 Zaza - Shelden - Edwards

I think you are right on this. The only thing I don't like is Edwards. I hope we are still working on bringing over Andersen - he couldn't be worse than Edwards and would likely push Zaza for the starting spot.

(And all this is without getting anything for AL.)

Quote:

you play Shelden next to Zaza in the starting lineup to cover Zaza's defeciencies on the defensive end. it was something Al "matador" was sorely equipped to do.

Billy Knight said Smoove is a 3/4. Smoove said he prefers to play the three. Marvin is still not old enough to buy alcohol. it's
okay
if he comes off the bench as our 6th man.

What's the point in d!cking around with the young players? You're a 27 win team and trying to develop players. ZaZa is a backup and will be nothing more than a backup in the league.

The h*ll with ZaZa he ain't shyt.