• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Croshere Dealt To Dallas For Daniels

DrReality

5th July, 2006 - 10:30 pm

Indiana Star - The Indiana Pacers have traded forward, Austin Croshere, to the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for guard, Marquis Daniels.

Croshere has averaged 7.5 points and 4.3 rebounds during his career with the Pacers.

Daniels averaged 9.3 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists in three seasons with the Mavericks.

The deal can't become official until July 12 when teams can complete trades and free agent signings.

RealGM

This shoots down some of the ideas of trade.

This is bad for a # of reasons. Indiana definitely just improved their team. I personally would rather have Daniels than Jackson. I was hoping that Indiana wouldn't make any significant moves and we'd surpass them. Great move by Dallas considering they are paying JT so much to be a SG and have Jerry Stackhouse. This also takes away the only player on Indiana that had a big ending contract for us in a trade. I don't want Foster. He is all that's left now unless we want often injured Tinsley.

Not sure what I think of this one. I like the athletic Dallas team, but it appears they wanted a touch more perimeter shooting. I've always likened Croshere to Alan Henderson...a player who put together a solid 1/2 season to procure a massive contract.

I think this is mainly about reducing some future obligations. Daniels had several years left for big money, while Croshere's contract is up after this year.

From our perspective, think this probably reduces the probability of a deal with either team involving Al. Croshere would've been a great ending contract to take back from Indy, so it hampers us there. Also, Dallas now has another forward on their roster, so it's less likely they'd want Harrington (not that they ever did).

the only ray of hope this brings (and really it's only a sliver of a ray) is that this opens one less sf spot in dallas' roster...would setup a nice dharris for aharington trade..

but they still have several options at sf so i'm not going to get my hopes up...

BK may hold Al until some team is desparate to make a splash and has to do the sign/trade with us...hopefully BK doesn't wait too long though.

Quote:

I think this is mainly about reducing some future obligations. Daniels had several years left for big money, while Croshere's contract is up after this year.

I think you may be dead on here. Reupped JT and they have to sign Dirk next year.