• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For all of the Monta Ellis fans out there...

KalEl

Monta Ellis

Ht: 6-3

Wt: 175

NBA Comparison: Dale Ellis

Strengths: A phenominal scorer ... The top high school scorer since Dajuan Wagner… Season high of 72 points and averages close to 40 … Has a complete offensive arsenal … Scores in a variety of ways … Has a pure shot with NBA range ... Has no problems creating his own shots and is not fazed by double and triple teams … Can beat you off the dribble … Very strong mentally ... Terrific handle and an underrated passer … Has the ability to find teammates with excellent court vision … Very quick and explosive … Will rise up and dunk on you … Flashy player that’s impossible to guard on the high school level …

Weaknesses: A tweener ... Lacks great size for the 2 guard position ... Doesn’t have the skills needed to play point … Desperately needs to put on weight as he’s rail thin ... A team will need to be patient with him since he isn't physically strong enough to handle the physical play of the NBA and especially a long season ... Could have trouble guarding bigger off guards ... Shot can be inconsistent at times …

That was written before he was drafted. Doesn't have much relevance now.

Why don't you ask GS fans if he can play the point? I have a feeling you might find more useful information from them since they have actually seen him play.

He's coming of his rookie year (where he came straight from High School) and seem eerily similar to Salim. So why add to or replace Salim with virtually the same player, but with less basketball experience?

Monta is the truth. He is small but makes up for it with incredible quickness. His stroke is pure and he can get to the rack.

The kid just needs to put on a little more weight, although he looks wiry, and get more playing time.

He started getting some burn towards the end of the season and to be honest although he made mistakes you can see his potential.

I'd love to have him as a Hawk.

Well supposedly we were strongly interested in Ellis heading into the draft, and we had an opportunity to grab him in the 2nd round, but bypassed him in favor of the more polished and NBA ready Salim Stoudamire.

Getting Salim at that point in the draft was considered to be quite the coup for us, but if Monta bulks up, pans out and reaches his potential- then we may end up regretting that we passed on him.

Hey exodus, relax. I never said I had seen him play and I haven't. I posted that info for people like me who do not know much about him and on paper he seems a lot like Salim in that he is a shooter by nature, not a true point.