• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Terry Takes Control as Hawks Thump Bucks

jaywalker72

I like that trade better, we get a legit big man in James who is no more than 27yearsold. The point I was trying to make is that even though we aren't necessarilyrebuilding anymore we didn't really get the type of young talent we needed the last 3years in the draft. Terry was good for the 10thpick, Dion can't play enough games each year to show his worth because he is injury prone, Dermarr is injured and might never play again, Cal Bowdler was a waste, Mottola is gone. I know we need a good mix of young and experience players but we don't reallly have much to show as far as young talent during our rebuilding years.

• Premium Member

The way it works is that you take your shot at a championship run. Then if you don't have the winning formula, you trade some of those big names for players who can provide you with the same output.

For instance. NJ. Last yr, they had High Priced TMac and Van Horn on their team. They traded for defense. However, waiting in the wings, they had Jefferson who can provide the same thing as Van Horn did.

For Instance Philly. They got the most they could out of Deke. They reloaded by trading him for pieces that they could use.

For us, Big Dog, Theo, and SAR will always have value on the market. The risk is that we have to be willing to part with them in order to get young players. THE need is that we have to be able to spot talent. If we can spot Young talent, we would be better off.

Last thing.

If we were to do a trade like that and get James. I'm confident enough in the team we have plus James, that maybe NExt yr (after a strong run) I would entertain trading either Theo or Nazr for an up and coming PF... For instance, Theo to Memphis for Gooden/Wright for grins. We get two players who can be used NOW. With Gooden's talents, before Reefs contract is up, we'd be in a position to send him away for another up and comer.

The trade off happens if we do make it to the conference finals or something of that caliber. Then we stay Pat with our team and build.

For Example. Sacramento. Over the past 2 yrs, they have amassed enough talent to topple everyone in the west. And this offseason, they signed Clark and made themselves stronger.

However, you got to win in order to justify spending.