• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Terry Takes Control as Hawks Thump Bucks

jaywalker72

There is no place like home.

Tonight, in a much anticipated nationally televised game on TNT, the Hawks took advantage of an inspired second half defensive effort and dispatched the Milwaukee Bucks 98-80, raising Atlanta’s home record to 7-2.

For a team that played passionless basketball in its last two games, blowouts in Orlando and New Jersey, tonight was a return to energetic play, marked specifically by the play of Jason Terry, who personified what a point guard is all about with his 12 assist, 19 point night.

Jason Walker was there with the recap of the effort, quotes and notes, as well as the unimpressed reaction of the TNT panel of experts.

See the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/

As usual, a great job. Some one woke up the defense

for the Hawks --- Theo is finally recovering from the flu

bug -- that is rough stuff.

For a guy with no shot, Neuble did right well tonight, I

thought.

This Hawk team is like a yo-yo, up and down. Nice to

have one of the UP games tonight. We all needed that.

I agree that we aren't going to make the playoffs...But

not because Barkley said so.Barkley in reality can only

speak on simple things.But if a really knowledge person

got into a conversation with Charles he would easily

lose the arguement.

We will be inconsiant...JT will not be playing PG in a

year because:

1)He isn't a TRUE PG

2)Lon wants JT to play a certain way he will not be

able to play

3)JT could end up being a bench 6th man ALA Bobby

Jackson.

about the Hawks. Van Gundy says we will be inconsistent because we don't have a true pg, we will always be a high turnover team because our best players (Reef, Terry, Big Dog)have been high turnover players their entire carrer. Hey BTW Ernie wanted to make a bet with Charles about the Hawks but he wouldn't take up the bet. I also got tired of Barkely saying the Hawks should move to Charlotte, because the fans don't come out to the games in Atlanta.

They also say the same about Gilbert Arenas.But

it could turn out to be true....Afterall,we have been

inconsisant......

Van Gundy hasn't ever coached a true PG has he?But

JT isn't a true point...but neither is Francis/Cassell/

Baron Davis/Armstrong none of these guys are true

PG's either.

Kenny Smith is alot more knowledgeable than Cubby

Charles.Charles continues to think Van Horn is a super

star so.....KVY is a good player,but not as good as

Charles thinks he is...He also said Ming basically

sucks.Barkley only sees the obvious....His basketball

talents years ago don't make him a smart guy.Kenny

is alot smarter.Did you hear Mike Fetello?That dude

is Hawk baised to be sure.He will always be a Hawk

at heart I think.

Theo played very well last night, making me think that his flu was a major factor in our recent poor performances.

We lost some players to flu last year too. Question, if the Hawks have a payroll of however many hundreds of thousands of dollars for each game, how come these players haven't had flu shots, like the ones you get at Publix for $20?

You could innoculate the whole team for less than they take in on a pair of courtside seats for one game.

Am I missing something here?

Indeed, in one of the latest chat wraps with Aldridge on ESPN, an ATL fan asked whether the Hawks would make the playofs.

It's Aldridge his opinion that it depends on the health of Ratliff.

It's true though, Ratliff is very good and a major defensive presence. It sorta nullifies the "weaker" D of others if they can count on help defense from a premier big man like Ratliff.

I wonder how many three pointer the Bucks made last night vs inside points and compare that to their season averages in the same categories.

I was downright proud of my Hawks last night! After shovelling out 8 inches of snow in my driveway, I finished in time to see them beat the Bucks with sharp shooting, good D, and few turnovers. Key baskets by Neuble made my heart sing but what made me the proudest was seeing a good-size crowd at Philips making lots of noise cheering on the home team. Good job guys. I was cheering too from Connecticut. Tell Barkley to take a hike! Never liked the guy, never thought he was funny, believe he's a racist, and hated his Dream Team appearance and Angola remarks. When I saw Bob Rathbun on my screen, I knew we were going to be ok!

• Admin

I agree with the jist of what he said. We need another ball handler. JT is the only guy we have that we can count on to create. Shareef can do it as can Big Dog, but it is not their forte. We need another ball handler. This is what Kukoc was supposed to be and could not deliver.

I disagree that we have high turnover players. Last year JT was NOT a high turnover player. In fact he was in the upper ranks in assist/TO ratio. Shareef and bigdog are not high turnover players either, WHEN they are used correctly. There is no reason this team cannot be and should not be a 14TO per game team. Which is plenty good enough to be a winning team.

• Premium Member

Ok, what's the fix.

I say the fix comes from Seattle (cheaply) or from Phoenix with a High price.

Fix #1.

Hendu/Email/1st to Seattle for Barry/Booth

I believe that Barry solves our problem. He's a big 2 who can handle the ball well enough to initiate the offense when we need him to. Seattle could use the services of Hendu. They need a rebounder at PF. They also would like to get out of Booth's contract.

Fix #2.

Hendu/CC/Grob to Phoenix

for

Penny/Outlaw.

I doubt that this would work for us. I don't like Penny's contract and I don't like losing GRob. However, Penny is the guard that can help.

Fix #3. (Bonus Fix)

Hendu/Glover to Memphis for Swift/Dickerson.

I know Dickerson is more than Damaged goods, but when Healthy, he can handle the ball as well as many PGs. We'd have a Houston like backcourt...

No, I don't want to give up our 1strounder.Babcock did a masterful job in pulling off the BigDog trade without giving up the Hawks 1strounder but the one the Pacers owe us, so why give it up for a 30yearold Barry and a scrub in calvin Booth.

• Premium Member

Becuase Barry is exactly what we need to win.

Barry is probably the Best ALL Around player playing behind:

Duncan, Tmac, KG, and Mashburn. Barry is a Big gaurd who can run the Point, play defense, and shoot from 3. He's the best kept secret in the NBA. And with that, he's cheap.

The other reason why we do that is because our emphasis has changed. We are a win now team. what that means is that we are no longer trying to stockpile young talent and train... we are all about getting matured talent and making a run with it. That's why. It's a very small thing to give up a 1st round pick for a guy with Barry's talent for our team.

Question:

would you rather give up Hendu or Nazr in a trade to get Barry? And try not to taint it with the fact that Nazr's still hurt - with both healthy - as they should be in a few weeks - which one would you rather give?

• Premium Member

Sure would.

As a matter of fact, I would give up Either and a first if we could get any big man back.

For instance.

Hendu, Davis, 1st to Seattle for Barry, James.

Point is that if we do trade Hendu, we need a replacement in the big man dept.