• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Kind of Team LON NEEDS.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I've been watching Lon's system, and I know exactly what he needs...

PG - Mike Bibby.

Lon needs a leader at the PG who can score. He needs someone who will turn the ball over very little but will get about 6-7 assist per game. But mainly, he needs a guy who needs very little help from the sidelines. Very little direction.

SG - Allan Houston.

Lon needs a SG who only shoots from three. He doesn't need a guy who can create space for himself. He needs a guy who will stand on the three point line and be a threat.

SF - Scottie Pippen.

Lon needs the Point Forward. A guy whom he can rely on to handle the PGing duties. He needs a guy who can get 5-6 assist per game while pulling down 8 boards and scoring 20 points.

PF - Rasheed Wallace.

Lon doesn't need a Post force. He needs a guy who can put up 20 but stay outside. Most of the inside play will be done by the C and the PG. However, Lon likes a spread floor so a PF who can shoot the long ball is what Lon wants.

C - Theo.

With all these lousy defensive teams, Lon needs a defensive stopper. Not neccessarily a strong rebounder like Wallace. But a guy who can block shots and intimidate.

So, how does Lon get these players in trade?

JT/1st for Bibby?

Grob/Hendu/CC to NY for Houston/Harrington.

SAR/Harrington/Ira to Portland for Scottie/Rasheed.

How many wins will the Hawks have with Lon's team?

About 40.

Even with a team filled with Allstars, Lon doesn't coach well enough to make these guys win.

wins. He definitely needs to continue to grow as a coach just as our players need to continue to improve but the players bear every bit as much responsibility for our up and down play as he does. When they play with effort (particualrly on defense) as they did last night, they have success. Where we get into trouble is by being lazy, both physically and mentally. It takes a strong mind to will yourself to give 100% on D on EVERY possession and so far, we don't have that kind of commitment. It takes a strong mind to make a commitment to protecting the ball on EVERY possession. We don't do that. Some of that is coaching because it's Lon's job to make the players understand that. Some of it is the players. Both the players and coaches need to continue to improve but its not all Lon. Those guys have not been playing as well as they are capable of playing and they have not been giving 100% at all times. That's on them, not the coach.

For a comparison, look at GS. Musselman is doing a good job but those guys have too many athletes to be that bad defensively. Minnesota looked like they were having shooting practice at times last night. Its going to take Musselman some time to get Jamison, Richardson, Arenas and Co. to understand the kind of commitment it takes to be a good team. I think they will get there but it is not going to happen overnight. I still have hope that Lon can get the job done. I'll give him at least until the All Star break before I abandon ship. The team certainly looked like they got it last night. The team D was very good and they also took care of the ball. JT ran the team beautifully. Now, the key is to build on that performance and follow it up against a solid Detroit team.

On certain nights, when the knee and back are holding up, yes.

BUT Pip announced last year that this year was going to be his last. I believe (though am not positive) that his contract expires. While I haven't heard his mentioning the retirement this year, aka looking for a farewell tour, I do believe that this will be it for Pip.

Look for him next at the hall of fame inductions.

Lon is out of time.He has done nothing to deserve

extra time.We wasn't even good the second half

of last year.17-16 againest a soft schedule is

nothing to write home about.