• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN

BlackHawkDown

Everyone has been pretty down on the team lately. But wasn't this the same site full of people saying the ESPN analyst were idiots. Turning on the Hawks now would be saying knuckleheads like Chad Ford were right all along. Remember he said JT wasn't a PG. Hawks wouldn't make the playoffs. Oh and my favorite DAN DICKAU IS THE PG OF THE FUTURE!!!!!! WTF!!!!!

1)JT is a PG or a SG... = both right

hes just like BOBBY JACKSON. all because hes not the original old school type PASS FIRST, SHOOT SECOND type point guard like STOCKTON/ANDRE MILLER... doesnt mean that hes not a PG.

if he wants to make it in the NBA, IMO- he has to turn into a FULL PG... only some people cut it as undersized SG (like iverson)... i dont see JT cutting it!

2)DAN DICKAU IS THE PG OF THE FUTURE...

who said that? i see him as a backup PG who look likes he was picked in the last pick of the first round. he plays like he was picked in the last pick of the first round or an early second rounder... i didnt expect him to do anything this SEASON except give JT very little breathing time on the bench.

HES NOT A BUST if thats the question... its too early to tell. He looks like an average backup PG (or maybe below average backup)... but its his first year... he should aim for average backup PG next year... good backup PG the year after that

3)Playoffs??? dude, we're close to .500

after all is said and done, then make ur case... its too early to tell! u donno if hes rite on this one.. and neither do I

I didnt then or do I now agree with the anaylst, even Barkley and Smith, I posted this in part to encourage other posters to stop being so negative, at least until we have played 50 or 60 games. As mush as Hawksqauwkers hate ESPN writers, I think some will be positive just out of spite for ESPN.

Personally I think JT is a flashy PG, which is why despite spectacular plays he turns the ball over alot, he will calm down and learn the Point. He is averaging 8+ APG. Amoung ther league leaders.

I am still annoyed that so many talked like DD was the second coming. We should have gone for T.Prince. Although there was little to no chase of it if we has gotten D.Wagner then we would have the elusive big PG/ ballhandelling SG we need. But I still think it will be another season before Wagner becomes a full blown star but, with that said I see the Cavs and Bulls returning to their glory days sometime next season.

Hmmm... is it just me or have you not realized that he is injured and not playing? Also, I believe that it was reported that he was playing through injury before he was finally put on the injured list...

It might be fair/bright to actually see the guy play a dozen games or so?

Oh then again, there I go using logic again...

3 points and 1 board in 10 minutes. Carlisle even gave him the chance to start, but he wasn't scoring, and can't play any D, so Michael Curry was brought back.

The only thing Prince has shown is a touch from 3, and I think that's about all he will amount to. Both players could develop into quality role players, in the right situation. But, I think that's about all we can hope for.

Well to be honest the thing I enjoy about pro sports isnt the game on the court. It is watching the strategy off the court by the GM's. Basketball is checkers but management is chess. With that said, watching Prince and Dickau I see DD as a future BU PG, maybe even a second rate starter, Prince if given opportunity to develop will be a 18/10 type player. But arguing over it is pointless, like chess time will be the true revealer of the validity of my thoughts.

[censored] I could be wrong but I doubt it. I have been vindicated when I said DD wasn't an automatic All Star.

Actually, MJ did "tear up the league" his rookie year and Nique did 6 times more than 3 PPG. Pretty ridiculous argument you have there.

If "Prince will be good in time" there is nothing to suggest DD won't be. Both resemble each other in that they were good college players who carry the somewhat rightful stigma playing all four collegiate years. BHD, one can only suspect that with your history of white player and coach hate that race AGAIN plays a major issue in your "assessment".

I think they are both best case decent BUs or role players.

You are a broken record. What does race have to do with this? You are the only person even bringing up race. Do I not have the right to think a white player isn't going to be a star? I guess from now on I need to say every white player from CC to Ilgauskas must be hall of famers. This is stupid. I get it walter. I am racist drop it. Prove your point. Cant can you. Just accuse me of racism because you have nothing to say. Walter I used to like debating you but now you are just lame. You just come on call me racist for god only knows what and leave. Either put together a cognizant argument for your own opininion or shut up. You rarely ever bring your own ideas to the table you just snipe at myself or diesel.

• 2 weeks later...

Look again I remind you all what we said about Ford. Are you all jumping on his Hawk negative bandwagon. Lets be a little more patient. I would actually be happy if we do miss the playoffs b/c that means a lotto pick and no more Lonny. But we wont be that lucky the Hawks will be a 7 or 8 seed and get eliminated b NJ or INdy coached by the two best minds in the NBA.