• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Outstanding Draft Analysis

Nurlman

nice link.

I especially like the analysis of Thabo Sefolosha...

"Here’s a guy who’s really athletic and can play defense. The only negative is that he’s from Switzerland, which means he’ll probably want to remain neutral instead of siding with one particular team."

grin.gif

On a serious note, has anyone else noticed the double standard that is taking place when people like draftexpress, Chad Ford, and nbadraft.net grade this draft? First of all, grading a draft at this point is foolish, IMO. You shouldn't grade a draft until the first contracts of these players are up.

Secondly, notice how Toronto gets praised for taking Andrea Bargnani, the player they wanted, and how the Hawks get criticized for taking the player they wanted in Shelden Williams. The reason they criticize the Hawks is because they seem to think the Hawks could have traded down and got Shelden. Maybe so, but it was widely speculated before the draft that Toronto was the only team in the top 5 that wanted to take Andrea Bargnani. Maybe the Hawks would have taken him, but we don't know that. There was a lot of talk that Bargnani could slip to the 6th or 7th picks if he didn't go first. My question is, why isn't Toronto being criticized like the Hawks are for not trading down? Much like the so called "experts" (and I stress so called) believe that Shelden would have been there at 8 for Atlanta, it certainly seems like Andrea Bargnani would have been there at around 4 for Toronto.

I think Shelden was more likely to be gone 3 spots down than Bargnani. I think Shelden might've been taken at #7. Bargnani would've lasted until 5th, most likely. I still wanted Roy, but I don't fault BK for taking Williams at 5. All the folks keep saying "we could've gotten Luther Head", but honestly WTF? Luther Head? Why would we risk losing our coveted player for a guy who might not even be able to log any minutes on our roster. We have JJ, Childress, and Salim to play SG. Luther Head would ride the pine. Any deal to trade down would have to give me a PG or a C.

My personal favourite is...

"They could have had Marcus Williams here but instead took a risk by selecting a player who isn’t any good. Its not a bad strategy, really, because players who aren’t any good usually go nuts diving after loose balls and [censored]."

Cheers

Rick

Quote:

This could be the sleeper pick of the draft. Sleeper picks are picks that appear to be shitty at first but turn out to be extremely talented and productive players. Douby is halfway there in that he appears to be shitty.

Classic