• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's The Rush?

djcorley

The only team that has enough room to sign AL outright(CHA), doesn't want him. Therefore, BK is doing the right thing by being patient and letting this thing play out.

There is still much player movement left and it's in the best interest of the team to get the best deal. It seems to me AL's loyalty is to money 1st and a winning situation 2nd. Which leaves BK with many, many options.

I believe some of the other major deals that could go done (AI,KG) will probably require a team like the Hawks who have salary cap to get involved and if so, we stand to make out pretty well.

I think we not see and AL deal go done before August. There's no need to rush.

Quote:

The only team that has enough room to sign AL outright(CHA), doesn't want him. Therefore, BK is doing the right thing by being patient and letting this thing play out.

There is still much player movement left and it's in the best interest of the team to get the best deal. It seems to me AL's loyalty is to money 1st and a winning situation 2nd. Which leaves BK with many, many options.

I believe some of the other major deals that could go done (AI,KG) will probably require a team like the Hawks who have salary cap to get involved and if so, we stand to make out pretty well.

I think we not see and AL deal go done before August. There's no need to rush.

Not as much of a rush from ATL Front Office perspective.

But that's just one side of it. From Al and his Agent's perspective. the longer they wait, the more teams , move on and get tired of waiting. Trading for or signing other players with thier alloted cash. Which also means less options for AL and less money potientally for him and his Agent. You can rest assured they are pushing for a quick deal. Usually most trades go down between now and the first of August, I would think it would be safe to assume something is done within the next week or two.

I have an emotional need to rush, but other than that I agree with you. I just want to finally have a good idea of who is going to be a Hawk for the long haul, because after all the massive roster changes we've undergone every season for the last few years it's been hard to have a sense of coninuity as a Hawks fan.

I agree that most trades happen between now and August. However, in the case of AL. he may have been to top free agent on the market and there are plenty of teams out there that would like to get there hands on him and would glady pay him his $8-$10 per.

Everybody is over the cap so there has to be a sign and trade and the key word is trade!

Now, if he was trying to force himself to a certain team(s) then that throws a monkey wrench into everything. But, it doesn't look like that's the case. AL wants his money and he wants a winning enviornment. He's mentioned perferred teams. But, never said he HAD to go to a particular team.

Quote:

I agree that most trades happen between now and August. However, in the case of AL. he may have been to top free agent on the market and there are plenty of teams out there that would like to get there hands on him and would glady pay him his $8-$10 per.

Everybody is over the cap so there has to be a sign and trade and the key word is trade!

Now, if he was trying to force himself to a certain team(s) then that throws a monkey wrench into everything. But, it doesn't look like that's the case. AL wants his money and he wants a winning enviornment. He's mentioned perferred teams. But, never said he HAD to go to a particular team.

the way I see the situation playing out with no salary cap room around the league is Al Harrington is at Billy Knight's mercy, not the other way around.