• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Attitude Adjustment

chris

Well, I think one thing that people shouldn't criticize is Mike's development of young players. His in game coaching is fair game, but I think he's done an excellent job in the developmental department with players who are willing to listen and do what he asks. The whole point of improving is getting better at the things you are weak at, and there's not a better time for younger players to do that than in summer league play. I don't think Salim working on his point guard skills in this summer league will take anything away from what he already does well, which is shoot the basketball. The same thing goes for Marvin working on his post offense. Marvin has the potential to be a dynamic scorer all around, whether he is shooting from the perimeter, driving to the basket, or posting up someone. Working on his post game isn't going to detract from his face up game.

Quote:

Well, I think one thing that people shouldn't criticize is Mike's development of young players.

Yea, he sure did handle the Boris situation real well. Let's not criticize him.

That is what I was saying about Marvin, lets give him the time to develop a post game. I don't think you can judge an early entry player until his fourth or fifth year as this would reflect their progression through the college game and into the first year or two of the NBA. I really think Marvin's game will be better this year and steller next year.

As for Woodson, he has some strengths but has weaknesses as well. His in-game management is poor when compared to other coaches. It might be simply that he needs more seasoning.

This is the year that Woody has more of the right pieces to play his style of game. From the stuff I've read it looks like he's excited about putting a more defense minded team on the floor. However, I will reserve judgement on him until I see what we put on the floor. My guess is that we'll play around .350 to .400 ball the over the first 25 games, and then put it together and play about .500 the rest of the way, giving around 38 wins.

Quote:

Quote:

Yea, he sure did handle the Boris situation real well. Let's not criticize him.

Yeah, telling him to stop passing up open shots was the wrong thing to do. confused.gif

Hey all I am saying is Woodson got the most out of Diaw, and everyone knows that.

Quote:

Hey all I am saying is Woodson got the most out of Diaw, and everyone knows that.

Yeah I guess trying to fit him into 3 different positions was the wrong thing to do. Especially with many of the posters on this board thinking that Diaw was a point guard. I guess I'm just sick of the excuses for Diaw and why he didn't work out here.