• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First game = Encouraging!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Between Marvin and Shelden they took 28 free throws. That's 14 times that they were in scoring position and got fouled. It shows about the only thing that you can truly learn from SL play... Aggressiveness.

Again, I don't put a whole lot of stock into the SL games, but I do recognize that it's a chance for players to get into game shape, play aggressively, and work on some fundamentals. The problem with Sl is that there are too many guys trying to showcase themselves for it to truly be team oriented.

However, 28 freethrows between 2 players is a good thing anytime you're playing in a game with officials.

The score doesn't really matter, even tho we would like

to win every time out.

Showing off individual skill IS important. Getting into

position to score, then, either score or draw the foul.

Whether it's summer league or regular season NBA, the

free throw's are the same and MUST be hit at a good %

if a team is to win. I like this aspect of their game

last night.

Part of rebounding is being at the right place at the

right time. Part of it is being to grab the darned

thing in traffic.

Summer league is very little true TEAM basketball. Yet,

it prepares these young players for that aspect of the

game later on, in pre-season and the regular NBA. Getting

to know your young teammates and what to expect from life in the NBA starts here.

Optimistic ? You bet !!!

Go Hawks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

The score doesn't really matter, even tho we would like

to win every time out.:D

I just think that the Hawks just have a bad summer league team. Outside of Marvin, Salim, & Sheldon, you really have nothing. Maybe Solomon Jones & Anthony Grudy but the rest of those cats are pretty bad. The team doesn't have anybody at Shooting guard. I am so tired of seeing Edwards on this team! Maybe when Bastista gets back, he will provide some help for Shelden.

Quote:

Between Marvin and Shelden they took 28 free throws. That's 14 times that they were in scoring position and got fouled. It shows about the only thing that you can truly learn from SL play... Aggressiveness.

I guess Marvin had to ride Sheldon's coat tail to get accolades from Diesel. Lets hope he rides Smoove's coat tail to the all star game someday. Of course, since CP will be there before him, it won't matter.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Can you name any other summer league teams that have 3 players as good as Salim, Marvin, and Shelden?

The Boston Celtics have:

Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Al Jefferson, Rajon Rondo, Sebastian Telfair, And Even a guy like Allan Ray averaged 18ppg in college.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Can you name any other summer league teams that have 3 players as good as Salim, Marvin, and Shelden?

Sacramento has:

Ron Artest, Kevin Martin, Quincy Douby, Louis Armstrong 14/8.6 in college, Ronnie Price 24.7 ppg in college

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Portland...Martell Webster, Brandon Roy, and Lamarcus Aldridge.

They also have Travis Outlaw on the team who was drafted out of high school 4 years ago where he averaged 22 ppg, 12 rbg, 6 apg

• Premium Member

Quote:

Utah has:

Deron Williams

C.J. Miles 23 ppg 11.2 rbg 6 apg

Ronnie Brewer 18.4 ppg 4.8 rbg 3.3 apg

Paul Millsap 19.6 ppg 13.6 rpg

Rafael Araujo 18.4 ppg 10.1 rbg

Dee Brown 14.2 ppg 5.8 apg 1.6 spg

Roger Powell 12 ppg 5.7 rbg

This is what one jazz fan wrote in realgm.com

Quote:

Um, Marvin Williams (along with Deron) is the best player in the Revue this year, and Shelden was a top 5 pick. Add to that Salim Stoudamire (icon_cool.gif) and the Hawks are every bit as talented as any team here besides the Jazz.

We (Jazz) have probably 7 roster players here this year. The most I can ever remember having at a SL. In fact, I think this might be the best Revue team ever assembled. I don't expect us to be challenged at all, as long as our guys are having horrible shooting nights all at the same time.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Now let's look at our team:

Chad Bell 2.6 ppg 2.9 rbg

Cedric Bozeman 7.6 ppg 3.3 rpg 2.3 apg

Carl Edwards blew out acl, played at a division II school

John Edwads 13.2 ppg 2.6 bpg

Tony Gibson 4.5 ppg

Jack Ingram 4.5 ppg 2.7 rpg

Anthony Wilkins 9.9 ppg 5 rpg