• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Belkin/AI vs. Billy/Al

RAHMOR

If the rumors of Al being traded to the Pacers for their exemption and a draft pick prove to be true how much better will Belkin look with Atlanta knowing he wanted to use Al Harrington to acquire Allen Iverson. Dude is an evil genius. Alot of fans think it would be a good idea to Iverson here. I'm truly undecided.

Belkin has been kicking the Atlanta Spirits ass in court and looks like he is going to start kicking their ass in the court of public opinion. The Atlanta Spirit better wake up and realize he wants to make sure he embarasses them more than they embarassed him last summer. And if he can win the team in the process it will be all the more better for him.

Quote:

Belkin has been kicking the Atlanta Spirits ass in court and looks like he is going to start kicking their ass in the court of public opinion.

only because the public is misinformed and is the same group of fans that think that lack of a PG is the #1 reason we lost last year.

Belkin would be DISASATROUS as an owner, however good his lawyers may be.

Lack of a pg is was the number one reason we lost last year..Lack of a defensive big was 1a...When you play NO defense at the point like JJ and Lue did, you put your bigs in a position from trying to stop a guard driving to the basket..Zaza is not the man for that job..

We have half addressed both areas of need..

Quote:

I agree, I think Iverson would be great on this team. I am sick of us Atlanta fans being afraid to bring in anyone who is self confident and has a bit of an edge to them.

I don't know about the whole edge thing, that's irrelevant in my eyes.

The issues are:

- Age and durability - Can he hold up?

- Amount and length of contract - Will we be able to resign our young core?

- Play style - Will AI dominate the ball and prevent growth from our young core

There are other points and counterpoints of course. I feel you have to at least look at these top three and make a sound decision. At the end of the day I think BK, Woody, and the ownership group like the talent level and age of our core group and want to grow that instead of banking the next two years on AI. I'd rather have 8 to 9 years of JJ, JC, MW, JS, SW, SS then AI and some scrubs.

Just My Opinion.