• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Abreu, Lidle to NY Yankees

cyman3

I just picked up Lidle in my fantasy league off of the waiver wire. I dont expect much from him but atleast I blocked the other owners.

Quote:

CF Johnny Damon

SS Derek Jeter

1B Jason Giambi

DH Gary Sheffield

RF Bobby Abreu

3B Alex Rodriguez

LF Hideki Matsui

C Jorge Posada

2B Robinson Cano

.... wow!

That DH in front of Sheffield should actually be a DL.

It all depends on whether Matsui and/or Sheffield come back and whether or not they are playing well enough to make a difference. Without both of them and Cano the Yankees are STILL making up ground on everyone in the AL because Mussina and Wang (both outside Cy Young candidates) have been dominant and Randy Johnson is pitching well again now that he seems to have realized he can't blow anyone away anymore. The 4 and 5 starters have been shaky and the bullpen is a mess before the 8th inning, but even still they are capable of beating anyone in the league. I don't expect much from Lidle but if he can even be average as our 4th or 5th starter then he is a huge addition.

Abreu is a HUGE addition though, even if he doesnt find his power again, simply because of his on base percentage and the way that he sees so many pitches. If he finds his power again the Yankees wont have to play Guiel and Bernie can go back to being a quality pinch hitter again.

Quote:

It all depends on whether Matsui and/or Sheffield come back and whether or not they are playing well enough to make a difference. Without both of them and Cano the Yankees are STILL making up ground on everyone in the AL because Mussina and Wang (both outside Cy Young candidates) have been dominant and Randy Johnson is pitching well again now that he seems to have realized he can't blow anyone away anymore. The 4 and 5 starters have been shaky and the bullpen is a mess before the 8th inning, but even still they are capable of beating anyone in the league. I don't expect much from Lidle but if he can even be average as our 4th or 5th starter then he is a huge addition.

Abreu is a HUGE addition though, even if he doesnt find his power again, simply because of his on base percentage and the way that he sees so many pitches. If he finds his power again the Yankees wont have to play Guiel and Bernie can go back to being a quality pinch hitter again.

I don't think these additions hurt the Yanks... I don't think Abreu is a player that will cause trouble. If they'd went out and got some other hitter with a big ego it might have hurt them.

Lidle is a good addition also.

I dont like Detroits pitching come playoff time though due to having such a high reliance on young pitching. The same for the Twins. Santana is almost automatic, but I am not sure I would be comfortable depending on Liriano, no matter how good he is already. Same for Verlander in Detroit.

The Angels IMO have the best picthing in the game come playoff time. Extremely deep in the bullpen and with high quality starters and tons of playoff experience. I definitely see them as being the most dangerous post season team.