• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JoJo starting against China

Johnnybravo4

Congratulations to Joe Johnson. Also, that lineup makes a lot more sense to me. I thought part of the reason they chose the team the way they did was that they were going to have some role players. But then they used a team full of superstars in the first quarter and put all the role players in together in the second quarter, which kind of defeats the purpose of having role players.

Quote:

Congratulations to Joe Johnson. Also, that lineup makes a lot more sense to me. I thought part of the reason they chose the team the way they did was that they were going to have some role players. But then they used a team full of superstars in the first quarter and put all the role players in together in the second quarter, which kind of defeats the purpose of having role players.

The purpose of that was for Coach K to gage how they played together. Remember he does not want anyone with ego's, or even a hint of one, so by putting in superstars, in the 1st exhibition game with over 18,000 fans watching was a great starting indicater of what was in store for the rest of the games.

i understand not wanting egos but what does bowen bring to the table besides spot up 3pt shooting? against PR he did nothing to show he should be there. his supposed "great" D didn't stand out. he can't even put the ball on the floor for a second. i know it was only one game but the international style doesn't work in his favor and he needs to be cut. he will foul out if he plays his dirty nba D.

Quote:

i understand not wanting egos but what does bowen bring to the table besides spot up 3pt shooting? against PR he did nothing to show he should be there. his supposed "great" D didn't stand out. he can't even put the ball on the floor for a second. i know it was only one game but the international style doesn't work in his favor and he needs to be cut. he will foul out if he plays his dirty nba D.

i agree that Bowen will should be cut, but let me tell you this, bowen is not there to shoot the three or even put the ball on the floor. He is there for his defensive abilities, nothing more.

JohnnyBravo, I would be willing to pay you money if you'd promise to *NEVER* use the word 'JoJo' again when referring to Joe Johnson. Seriously, that is one of the gayest nicknames I have ever seen in my life, and if I never saw it again it'd be too soon. wink.gif

*** and disclaimer, I don't mean to use the term gay or gayest in a perjorative sense, but rather in a humorous way. I have no issues with homosexuals or their lifestyles, in fact I truly don't care and believe that whatever they want to do in the privacy of their homes is their own damn bidness. There, now that that's out of the way....let's please, please not ever see the word 'JoJo' on this board ever again. cool.gif

• Admin

by postfixing your statement with an explanation you only open yourself up to more criticisms by the same ultra-PC crowd you sought to placate with said explanation.

Just say it and know that most rational people know that it's slang and not gay bashing. And with that said, I agree, "jojo" should be banned for all time.

grin.gif

i dont see anything wrong with the name, but it dont fit joe johnson (wheres the grammar guys when you really need them?) jojo white was a darn good player, quick as hell, a heck of a shooter. he has all my respect.

but that name is for a small, quick water bug. doesnt fit joe johnson. for him, whats wrong with just calling him "joe"?

I decided to switch to JoJo because of the prevalence of the nickname JJ. Look how many there are.

Joe Johnson

J.J. Reddick (What does that stand for anyway)

Jared Jeffries

Jim Jackson

Jarrett Jack

Pretty much everyone who had a first and last name that starts with a J are called JJ by their fans

Hell today on the front page of ESPN.com there was an article titled

"J.J wins......"

I scroll down and they were talking about Jimmie Johnson the NASCAR driver.

Jojo fits. JOe JOhnson

Call it gay of you want but it is what I am calling him from here on out.