have.

IF you look at JT/Shareef/Big Dog/Theo/Dion they all have

a major hole in their game.

JT-Not a true PG,sometimes can get careless and doesn't

always make the right choice.

Shareef-Dribbling and jumpshots is a major hole in his

game.

Dion-He can't start off inside outs...Needs to attack the

basket to get his game going then go from there....

Shareef is the best player we have like it or not...And

he is a post player...And post players set a tempo and

pace of a game.A good post player slows the game down

and forces the other team to make choices on double

teams...defensive assignments and so on...

This must be were the Hawks start....

We've gone systemless for 2 and a half years now, and the only results are that the players don't understand their roles. Lon tried to cater to the players too much.

The good coaches can work his system to the talent he is given but still keep a system and some organization to what is being done.

This is just my opinion, but this is the biggest flaws I see on this team:

1. A complete lack of fundamentals. Fundamentally, this is not a very sound team. They get careless and don't take care of the basketball. Defensively, they rotate late and lax off.

2. No defined roles on this team.

These are coaching problems, IMO. Terry Stotts is going to have to come in and drill the players on the fundamentals of the game. He also has to sell the entire team and the coaching staff on the idea that Shareef Abdur-Rahim is the guy that the offense has to go through, and the combo of Glen Robinson and Jason Terry need to feed off him.

I said this on another post at sometime - but does anyone know when Dickerson loses his BYC status? is it at the end of this year or sometime during the season? Memphis would definitely trade him and that contract....and I might risk it to "lighten their load and strengthen their rotations" - i.e. battier and Dickerson for Robinson...only works if West likes it and Dickerson loses his byc status...

pipe dreams

• Premium Member

We are no longer a rebuilding team.

We don't have the luxury of time to develop another player. Espeically players coming out now. Too Young. Too unpolished for the NBA.

If we can use a pick to get a player who can help us Today.. That is much better than holding our first rounders thinking that it's going to help us in some way.

The Last 2 first rounders we had...

DJ and DD. Although both are hurt right now, Look how long it took Dj to get to a point where we could use him. This team doesn't have that long.