• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well I am somewhat optimistic, however

Admin

Until a trade or two is made that will improve our starting shooting guard spot (someone who can shoot AND defend AND handle the rock) and our bench (need some snipers), I really dont see this team making much progress. I am excited about Stotts getting any opportunity, but the fact remains that we still only have one playmaker in our starting rotation and dont really have one on the bench. Until we get JT some help with a backcourt mate and an upgrade at the backup PG position and some shooters, we are going to be in trouble. This team is flawed with its makeup right now and that must be addressed. I do think that Pete is going to make a move or two very soon that will improve our team and we do still have a first rounder this year and we can deal some future picks if we need to (as much as I hate not having draft picks I hate losing even more). Now the question becomes do we have to wait to see what Stotts can do with this current team or will Pete immediately go out and acquire the talent we need to be successful? Only time will tell but I am excited about the future now.

• Premium Member

We have a nice homestand to begin the month. The schedule then softens. However, the good things that Stotts have:

He's probably not so caught up with CBA like talent.

The return of Dickau might make some sort of impact on our offense.

And

There might be one more trade in the recogning stage.

Like I can see us picking up Alston and dropping the new guy.

I can also see something like Glover/2nd to LAC for Dooling?

Especially if Odom is due back.

Because LAC plays a lot of guys at SG/Sf...However, if Odom comes back, they have Jaric, Piakwoski, and Q.

If they're all healthy, Sterling is definitely someone we should try to deal (trade) with. He loves expiring contracts like Emails and Dion's. They've got a log jam - would they move the player with the most games as a clipper (Piatowski) or a young athletic player (we reallllly need some athleticism) like Q? Half the tandem's gone with Miles out....

we only have one playmaker in our starting 5? hello...jason terry, glenn robinson, shareef...that's 3 and they all are playmakers..glover is a sniper off the bench..

i'd like to have better players too but if you think those three suck, you'll never be happy.

i think we'll be fine..we have talent, that's all you can ask for...we just need intensity which will take care of defense and a reduction in turnovers..those two things we take care of and we'll be VERY good...

the only type of player I would even try to pick up would be a really scrappy veteran who brings some leadership and defense.

Sorry but just because you couldnt comprehend what I was saying, there is no reason to be rude. The term playmaker, as I used it, was to describe someone that could bring the ball up the court and get the team into a play (hence playmaker). The turnovers will not be cut down on just because we want them to either. There isnt one great passer on this team and most of the guys pick up their dribble or jump in the air to make foolish passes constantly. This is a seriously fundamentally flawed team. Only through proper coaching of the ones with some ability to pass and the bringing in of outside players will the poor passes and turnovers discontinue.

Another thing, I never said any of the big 3 suck. I also never said this team doesnt have scorers. [censored] we have plenty of those. Also if you think that Dion is a sniper then I would like to know which Dion Glover you are watching. He is a career 30something percent shooter from deep, which is far from my definition of a sniper. He is a great slasher, but thats all he is.

Please, next time you try and make a point from my posts, make sure that you are reading my posts correctly and that you understand what I am saying before you try and go off on me.