• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

680 thefan: major announcement set for 5:30 friday

gsuteke

Since I'm not familiar with your local radio stations, I'm going to ask you to whip out the sock-puppets and use only one-syllable words to explain this to me: Are we sure they were talking about the Hawks and not another Atlanta pro team?

So did they say the Hawks or not? I'm assuming so since this was posted on a Hawks board, but I'm concerned that no one else has confirmed hearing this yet. I'm skeptical the radio station just said, "Oh, and a major announcement is set for tomorrow" without specifying a team.

Well 'major announcement' or not, I'm certainly not expecting a whole hell of a lot. IMO it's extremely likely that the announcement will be that we officially signed Lo Wright, traded harrington to Indiana for 1st round pick + sugar, and/or both.

Hardly anything to get excited about, as we've known for quite some time now that both these moves were likely imminent- and besides that, neither move elicits much excitement out of me. This entire process has been very much like extracting teeth, painful, slow, and tedious to the point where I honestly don't even give a crap anymore. So, I guess I can take excitement that this will finally be over with and we can begin to move on and start thinking about the upcoming season.

Quote:

This entire process has been very much like extracting teeth, painful, slow, and tedious to the point where I honestly don't even give a crap anymore

That the spirit. Way to keep your chin up.

*smacks Seano upside his head*

Now that I have your attention, consider this:

If the Al deal gets done we will never again be subjected to Diesel's "Save Al" campaign. You can't tell me that isn't something to get excited about.

Quote:

If the Al deal gets done we will never again be subjected to Diesel's "Save Al" campaign. You can't tell me that isn't something to get excited about.

You are obviously just not plugged into the Dieselputer, man. 141847_bnono.GIF I however, am fully logged onto the Dieselputer and onboard the Diesel train. Once you understand Diesel's wisdom, you will never look at the world in the same way again. It rearranges your circuitry, and really is about enough to blow your mind.

it doesn't matter to me....we wait all this time and then we'll just get this: al harrington traded for a 1st and cash or something unexciting...and we're on our way...we all basically know most likely what things we'll get..there are probably not surprises (ala bynum or some other young player with potential).