• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Predictions on Falcons-Panthers game

CBAreject

I can't wait to see some regular season Falcons action this Sunday. It's been almost a year since the Falcons played good football, due to their 2-6 finish. I'm stoked about the coming season and a chance to contend.

The game at Charlotte is going to be tough. Opening with the Superbowl favorite on the road is not a friendly turn. However, I think the Falcons can hang with the Panthers. I want to see that famed pass rush really disrupting the QB, and I want to see an improved run defense. While I believe the Panthers have the edge, my heart compels me to predict a Falcons victory.

Falcons 20 - Panthers 17

Quote:

While I believe the Panthers have the edge, my heart compels me to predict a Falcons victory.

The Falcons will gel and show that they are just as defensively sound as, if not more than the Panthers and the other fellow NFC South defensive powerhouses. And in addition to that, we probably have the most offensive fire power out of anyone in the division. Falcons will be fine.

I see a great start similar to the Falcons convincing win over the Eagles to start last season. I say the final will be something like ATL 27 - CAR 13.

LET THE DIRTY BIRD SWAGGER BEGIN!!!

Yeah the Dirty Birds are pissed after getting blown out twice last year by the Panthers. They are going to bring some pain with that defense! Abraham should have a nice game. It will be tough though. Its going to be a war either way and I can't wait! Go Falcons!

Quote:

The Falcons will gel and show that they are just as defensively sound as, if not more than the Panthers and the other fellow NFC South defensive powerhouses. And in addition to that, we probably have the most offensive fire power out of anyone in the division. Falcons will be fine.

I agree with the first part. Once the team gels on defense we should be a whole lot nastier. Regarding having the most offensive firepower in the division though, I think Carolina has us beat with a healthy Steve Smith. With as much speed as we have with Vick, Dunn, Norwood, and Lelie on offense, Carolina has Foster, Williams, and Smith.

I think Mora's attitude has been tougher this year and I hope that translates to the players on the field. I also like how he has been very candid calling players out by saying "we need more from him." It's translated into a competitiveness that seems fierce.

I pick the Falcons 27 Panthers 19. I think they will try to exploit our linebacker since they had to shift around due to Hartwell's surgery. This game could definately set the tone for the year.

I'm gonna throw my prediction out there. ATL 27, CAR 14. Steve Smith isn't gonna play so that's a huge burden off our defense.

I think Norwood is gonna get in the endzone on some sort of long play, either a screen or a counter run. We should be able to get another score on the strength of our rush attack and the third td will be Vick connecting through the air. Toss in 2 Koenen fg's for the final points.

Foster will show that our run defense still needs to get going with a td run and I'm seriously debating starting him in one of my leagues. Delhomme will engineer Carolina's other score, let's say Keary Colbert exploiting an inexperienced Jimmy Williams on a double move.

Let's go Falcons! Make it an extra good weekend for me, since the Dawgs won today.