• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LAKERS! a depressing fact! & cool fact!

cyman3

while we are too busy complaining, did any else notice that the LA LAKERS are now 13-19

the depressing fact-

What does Chicago, Atlanta, Cleveland, Denver, and Memphis have in common?

THEY ALL HAVE WON LESS THAN 3 ROAD GAMES!

the cool fact-

We are 10-4 at home! others teams that are 10-4 at HOME are utah, minnesota, and portland (if they win 1 more game at home).

so basically, heres the deal

- the hawks are CAPABLE of playing at a high level. We are capable of beating very good teams (like SA) while losing to crappy teams (like 2 times to miami).

once we find that LOVE for basketball... we will be good!

• Premium Member

I think they have won their last 7 in a row.

Jones is averaging 25.6 ppg in that stretch and Butler 15. They have gotten some wind under their wings, averaging 93 ppg and giving up only 87. They got that patented Pat Riley defense going.

Yes... They miss ZO. However, not having Zo has made them reconstruct their offense around Fowards and Gaurds. Riley is showing his ability to coach. He has changed the team from being like the old Knicks to being Like the Showtime Lakers... ONly with defense.

I told you that they will give teams a hard time... mainly because of their tough defense. Now the offense is coming around. They are just hard to beat. Plus... Riley finds another one. Who is Mike James?

I think that Miami's talent is in the bottom half of the league without a doubt. But they are not a crappy team because they play possibly the best team defense in the league and that will keep you in a lot of games.

If the Hawks had half of the work ethic and desire they have on defense they would be over .500

• Premium Member

Jones is still one of the best SGs in this league.

Butler is probably going to be ROY.

Even Grant as a C is not bad. He averages a strong double double which is more than we can say about Our C.

They have talent.

They get screwed because if Zo would have never gotten sick, they would probably be on top of the East right now. BUt they have talent.

And you're right, they have the best team defense in all the land.

Finally, Riley is a talent hound. Pat Riley is just good at finding players. This guy Mike James, That guy Anthony Carter, that Guy Eddie House, that Guy Malik Allen. With the exception of House, none of these guys were expected to be good players... However, Riley gets them and finds out that they have heart and desire. In his autobiography, he has said that he likes to find guys and revamp their careers (a statement that was falsely attributed to Lenny) and thats what he does.

The only problem is that until now, Riley has seemed to miscoach very talented players. Like Mash. He played Mash like a SG and never let Mash play his INside out game. Because of it, Mash Struggled with Riley. But now, he has a good formula. It won't win everynight but as they play together, they will be tougher and tougher to beat.

Hey at least you don't think grant is a scrub anymore! smile.gif

Grant does personify making the most of limited physical skills... he's slow and can't jump, but he is tough as nails, has a great attitud, will do anything that he has to do to win...

If the Hawks had Grant I'd be happy...

Maybe we could swing a three-way with chicago and give up one of our underachievers...

• Premium Member

I think Grant is Like Hendu...

Overpaid.

However, Riley is smart.

Played Grant @ Center. Grant is as strong as most Cs. Rebound better than most Cs. And even though he's molasses as a PF, as a C, he's a little faster.

However, I think Riley would trade him for Davis and McInnis in a heartbeat.