• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Starks...

Yubs

• Moderators

You are always better with real actors even if they don't exactly fit the part than with guys who physically fit the part better but can't act, IMO. For example, some of the best superhero movies had good actors who you would not picture as hero types in the Spiderman movies and the first Batman (with anti-superhero Michael Keaton staring). Those were so much better than some of the better "fit the role" types who can't really act like with the later Batman flicks (not lumping Bale in here), the laughably bad Dare Devil, etc.

• Premium Member

For so Long, I heard Tom Cruise as Tony Stark.. I guess finally his craziness has started to effect his roles..

better choices for Tony Stark =

1. Christian Bale

2. Matt Damon.

3. The Rock!

4. Patrick Dempsey

5. George Clooney.

Dempsey would have been good, as would Clooney, but the other actors... no. They're good, but they don't look the part. When casting the part of a comic superhero, I think its important that the guy you're casting resembles the superhero. Bale, Damon and the Rock look nothing like Tony Starks. It's like casting Mark Wahlberg for Spider-Man. Can you imagine that? I can't.

My prefences for Iron Man:

1. Julian McMahon

2. Gary Oldman

3. Alec Baldwin / Clooney

• Moderators

Quote:

Yeah, but Clooney needs redemption after making B&R.

"Ice to meet you!"

That was one of the worst movies ever, IMO. Just painful to watch. I will forever hold a grudge against Joel Schumaker for the direction he took that franchise. I view all his movies now as superficial, "bigger is better" flicks.

• Premium Member

Amen.

I think that the one thing about Ironman that makes Clooney a believable possibility is that Iron Man is not overly athletic.

I think I would look strongly at Patrick Dempsey though. He's riding a cloud from Grey's Anatomy. He's a good actor... I think he may be able to capture the Tony Stark Storyline. Plus he's thin framed and if you put a mustache on him!!!