• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here I am with news courtesy Mr. Vescey

archie44

Well let's just say it's no secret that the lame duck GM is trying to make deals to shake things up so he can save his skin. It does not take a rocket scientest to figure that out.

Some of the discussions have become public.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/66174.htm

Believe me, this more than likely only scratches the surface on the talks going on. Although you can rest assured that any big deal of this magnitude is going through Uncle Stan.

Don't think Portland and Miami are the only teams wanting JT. When the word gets out, the line will be long. So don't panic.

There is an excellent chance (in my oh so humble opinion) that this team could have a different look - and soon. Look, this mix IS NOT WORKING. I'm shocked. Everyone's shocked.

Get on Pete all you want, but there's not a person on here who would have turned down the Dikembe trade, the Shareef trade, or the Big Dog trade. BUT THE MIX - COMBINED WITH A GUARD WHO FOR SOME REASON IS A TWEENER - IS NOT WORKING.

Therefore, changes. They are a coming.

OK guys, let's see the roster with Jones or Grant or Stoudamire or Daniels or whomever.

Have fun.

According to Real GM, these work:

Jason Terry

Alan Henderson

and either Crawford, Dermarr, Dion, or Emanual

FOR

Eddie Jones OR Brian Grant

COMMENT: The most logical deal?

Jason Terry

Theo Ratliff

Alan Henderson

Emanual Davis

FOR

Eddie Jones AND Brian Grant

COMMENT: Just in case we want to blow up the team.....

Jason Terry

Alan Henderson

Emanual Davis

FOR

Derek Anderson

Antonio Davis

COMMENT: That is interesting. Very interesting.

I'll add two for the heck of it:

Jason Terry

Nazr Mohammed

FOR

Mike Miller

Andrew DeClercq

Olumide Oyediji

COMMENT: I'd do that one. Nazzie is now Casper the Ghost.

Nazr Mohammed

Emanual Davis

FOR

Mike Miller

Andrew DeClercq

COMMENT: They're not that desperate, are they?

----

When thinking about Portland, Bonzi Wells would be difficult. He's a BYC player. Hard to get a match.

We would'nt want Stoudamire, would we? He's toooo expensive. 45% of the salary ratio. That's not feasable.

Looks to me like a deal with Miami could happen. But what are we going to do with three players who WANT to score 20 points per game? Eddie Jones, SAR, and Big Dog??????

Somebody warm up Dan Dickau.

Or what about a deal bringing Morris Peterson and

Antonio Davis to Atlanta for JT/Nazr???

Mike Wilks

Morris Peterson

Glen Robinson

Shareef Abdur Rahim

Theo Ratliff

Davis splits minutes at PF and C as the 6th man

Alvin Williams

Jason Terry

Vince Carter

Jerome Williams

Nazr Mohammad

Atlanta trades: PF Alan Henderson (5.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.2 minutes)

PG Jason Terry (16.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 7.3 apg in 37.5 minutes)

C Nazr Mohammed (2.6 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.1 apg in 10.9 minutes)

Atlanta receives: PF Michael Bradley (3.9 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.8 apg in 16.0 minutes)

SF Morris Peterson (14.9 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 37.2 minutes)

PF Antonio Davis (13.5 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 35.7 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +7.6 ppg, +6.3 rpg, and -3.2 apg.

Toronto trades: PF Michael Bradley (3.9 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.8 apg in 16.0 minutes)

SF Morris Peterson (14.9 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 37.2 minutes)

PF Antonio Davis (13.5 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 35.7 minutes)

Toronto receives: PF Alan Henderson (5.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 31 games)

PG Jason Terry (16.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 7.3 apg in 31 games)

C Nazr Mohammed (2.6 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.1 apg in 9 games)

Change in team outlook: -7.6 ppg, -6.3 rpg, and +3.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

....the best. The reason is that it brings us Dale Davis who could back up at PF and center, replacing Alan Henderson.

If we did the Eddie Jones deal, I could see an alternate deal that could bring us Ervin Johnson to back up Theo.

A deal for Anderson/Davis would give us, for the time being:

PG -- Mike Wilks, Dan Dickau

SG -- Derek Anderson, Ira Newble, Dion Glover

SF -- Glenn Robinson, Darvin Ham, Ira Newble

PF -- Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Dale Davis, Darvin Ham

C -- Theo Ratliff, Dale Davis, Nazr Mohammed

Eddie Jones would give us:

PG -- Mike Wilks, Dan Dickau

SG -- Eddie Jones, Ira Newble, Dion Glover

SF -- Glenn Robinson, Ira Newble

PF -- Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Darvin Ham

C -- Theo Ratliff, Nazr Mohammed

That would leave us one roster spot open.

In both situations, I think sooner or later, you will see Dan Dickau at the PG position.

None of those proposals make us remotely better, and they all involve players past their respective primes with big contracts.

JT has never said anything about a max pact, only max years. He has never envisioned a contract even on par with buddy Mike Bibby.

Pete better be very careful. I would rather have JT as a 6th man or swing guard, IF he does not cut the muster at point, than to discard him for a crippling contract that we would be rueing from the season after we make it.

Good to see you back, arch. I agree, Stan is going to make the final calls on trades, I would assume. It may be the flu he has been enduring, but Pete looks like a dead man walking these days.

I can assure everyone that Pete internalizes these defeats more than anyone of us....me, Hotlanta/ARR/Cool, anyone. That his creation has blown up like a kid's chemitry set has disappointed and shocked all of us, and has likely done both to Babcock in spades...

Oh, and about "throwing in DerMarr" on those deals, consider this....DerMarr has said he feels "great", he has been working out and feels like he did before the crash, according to him. To casually toss this 23 year old in a trade could be way too hasty, especially if he is as healthy as he claims.

Hey Archie, thanks for dropping in with the brain candy. Food for thought for sure. I really hate it that the Hawks can't wait for JT to become everything that he appears capable of becoming, but that's the business when the threat of writing a bunchof checks is looming. That said, I can't get really excited about either of the deals in that article. I would'nt pony up just to see Eddie Jones, who's clearly past his prime and won't return to the guy who played in Charlotte and LA, and I would'nt watch any Jailblazers (especially Wells) for free. I know a trade is coming, I just hope it is'nt JR Rider's second coming. The Hawks have a chance to get a quality player in return for JT, I hope Pete does'nt blow it.

I've been wanting Eddie Jones for a while now but I understand that we still need a PG. What if they threw Travis Best in the deal?

JT/Hendu/CC for Jones/Best?

It's funny because I actually value Hendu now and really don't care to get rid of him for other contracts. I think he is playing hard for us right now.

Best/Wilks/Dickau

Jones/Glover

Grob/Newble/Ham

Reef/McCaskill

Theo/Nazr

• Admin

Yes JT is a tweener but we have no secondary ball handleing. I love Ira and his game but he is more suited to be a sf. If we get another guard who can handle the ball and sometimes initiate the offence (take some of the pressure off of JT) I think we will be more successful. Jamal Crawford, Brent Barry come to mind. It wouldn't cost us as much as the trades you are offereing. I am not comfortable turning the offence over to Wilkes/Dickau.

If JT is traded I hope we get a good PG in return too.

• Admin

Bringing in Jones for JT, Hendu and filler DOES make us better. It puts players at the positions they SHOULD be playing and it gives us a known good defender and a versatile scorer in Jones. In a perfect world we would get Jones AND be able to keep JT. But I don't see that happening.

We would still have question marks at the PG position. But they are questions of "how good can he be" not questions of "can he do the job" which is what we currently have.

I do not like the idea of Saving Riley from his own GM mistakes. But lets face it. JT is not going to be come off the bench here. He will be offered more elsewhere than we will pay him for that role, everyone needs to accept that and stop dropping him into the 6th man role just because he can't cut it as a starting PG.

• Admin

Riley isn't going to dump Best simply because he's in the last year of his deal. After this season, riley is free and clear of his contract. To package Best means that Riley has to take back more salary in return. Unless we managed to swap him another player in the last year of his deal, I don't think he would do it. Now, if we dangled someone he really wanted then it's possible. But I don't see it happening.

One, Best is hurt right now (turned that ankle pretty seriously in Atlanta on New Year's Day).

Something to keep in mind - if we do trade JT, we'd better get someone back that can shoot from deep pretty consistently (Jones?) because if you just bring in a pg who's average from there, this team will be in serious trouble.

Spacing is bad now, with JT being the only ballhandler and deep threat. It's part of the reason that I miss DJ - he'd help with spacing cause he can hit the outside shot at a decent clip. Having that would (hopefully) clear a little space for Grob so that if he decided to dribble, the double team wouldn't come immediately and strip him (which it always does).

If anyone watched the Philly Mavs game yesterday, you'll see the importance of having someone who can shoot from deep - cause Philly doesn't. Even when they moved the ball well, they had nothing in the lane - the D could just sag back.

If wish we could just trade GRob to Chitown for Crawford and whoever...

JT right now has not much worth, but he is very worthy to us. He is our best 3 point shooter by far and we all know we have no perimeter shooters, he is the only one that can handle the rock other than Wilks. He is the only player in this team that can break down a defense by penetration. He played great defensively yesterday and ran the team quite well I must add. JT is very vauable to this team and trading him will NOT make us better. We all know this, all those deals are not making us better in anyway. Now tell me this why did JT ran the team so very well the second half of last season and now he is struggling. IMO I think JT is having trouble with Big Dog in the lineup. I dont think Big Dog is the right player for this team, and what we need is a 2 or 3 that can give 15-16 ppg and is a good ballhandler.

We will make a mistake by trading JT, he is not the player to trade to make us better. JT should be our starting PG. No questions ask.

JTFan,

Well, the name alone gives away you bias.

JT did not run the team after the All-Star break. Kukoc did. JT brought the ball up court, but it was Kukoc who found the team in rythm.

I can't tell you how many open dunks Reef had last night based on position. But, JT cannot get the ball down there. A real PG would be able to. JT is NOT that man.

I agree with what you say about Big Dog not fitting. But the reason he does not fit is because he needs to be fed off of dribble penetration. Something Terry can't do. He can break a team down... but can't pass when doing it.

One or the other must go. Both of them are incompatible, unless we have a TRUE PG. And if we have a true PG, then we are down defensively.

I would rather see Big Dog go, but unfortunately I don't see that happening.

But, don't be ignorant beyond reason and say that trading JT cannot make the team better. There are MANY players in this league that play PG MUCH better than Terry.

Play.

I could only name some that can. Not more than 10 can a run the point for Atlanta better than JT. Yes I'm a JT fan, why because he has heart and desire for the game, and the reason that he hasnt had it this year is because of Big Dog being in the team, he shows nothing on D. JT played on ball pressure very good last night and had alot of tip steals , I honestly think he ran the team very good last night and gave Big dog 2 shots to make and the dog didnt come through for us, JT did with that big 3. JT is the right player for this team and the Dog isnt. Case closed.

JTFan,

I agree completely. I do not like Big Dog on the Hawks. I think he is a disruption.

But, for every thing that Terry did well last night, so did Big Dog. He played defense, he hustled, took smart shots and shot about 50%. You can't ask for much more.

As EVERYONE knows... I am NOT a Big Dog fan.

I love JT. He is a goober. He looks like a goofy cartoon turtle out there... makes me laugh. But, just because he is a good guy and I like him, doesn't mean that if the situation presents itself... we shouldn't take it.

Eddie Jones for Terry. I like it and I don't like it. It means that Dermarr is over. It means that we will have better three point shooting. It means we are giving Dickau a chance. But, I don't like the $$ or the age. The $$ will restrict us in the future. Plus, I think it will leave our biggest hole unfilled... a PG who can run the Offense. Wilks is alright, but I don't think he is the man to RUN the entire offense.

Andre Miller for Terry. If it is a possibility, do it. He will create for our team, which is what we really need. We don't need a guy to shoot. We don't need a guy who even looks to shoot. We got two great scorers. Outside of that, there is too much.

Any Big Man for Terry. Dumb dumb dumb. We will be left with a bigger backcourt deficiency than already exists.

I like the idea of trading Big Dog... but who is going to take that fat contract?

Play.