• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here I am with news courtesy Mr. Vescey

archie44

That is incorrect....In fact I believe Toni's minutes started

going down after the allstar break last year.He really did

nothing for this team last year.He contributed very little.

He would have 6 bad games for every good game he had.

Thank you, Hotlantadude. Kukoc didn't do much for us late last season. JT and Reef really connected very well after the allstar break and JT ran the team very very well after allstar break just as well. Ok so JT isnt, J Kidd but who is. Andre Miller? Please, the reason he did so good in Cleveland because they had shooters left and right for him. All he had to do was penetrate and dish. JT does that, but who does he find, Ira and we all know Ira can't shoot a lick. Miller is struggling in Clipper land because he doesn't have as good shooters as he did in Cleveland. Although the Clippers have way better shooters than us, JT is still avg 7.5 apg with only one shooter on the floor. That is where we are missing DJ, he became a great spot off shooter for us and he likes to stay out in 3pt land and right now that is what we are missing on the Offensive end. We need a good spot off shooter at the 2 that can play D and handle the rock, we dont have it. Pippen will be a great addition to this team, leadership , can run the point, can play D and play the 2. Dont know how the salary works but he will be a great addition via trade.

Some of you want to trade Terry and yes he is not the best PG in the league nor he is top 5, might not even be top 10, but he is a d@mn good PG and a d@mn good player. Trading JT will be a big mistake and this organization will be taking a step back same like we did when we traded Smitty, now wouldn't Smitty be very valuable to us right now, H-E-L-L YES

JTFan,

JT is not capable of running an offense.

He is DEFINATELY not capable of penetrate and dish. He might be able to penetrate and kick the ball out, but he has no ability to work the ball in and dish it for an easy slam. He has no court vision.

He also sees passes AFTER it is too late.

Or he tries passes that never existed, far too often.

He also makes an easy pass turn into a very hard pass by trying something fancy.

We don't need that.

Now, I like him more than Big Dog. But no one will really bite on that one, I believe.

JT has more value, because he is a GREAT player. But, he isn't a great player in this system.

Play.

I've posted this before but again, compare the 2 guards the best 1s had to play with compared to the 2s JT has played with when he has played the point. Lets see........Gary Payton has played beside Nate McMillian, Hersey Hawkins, and Brent Barry. JT has played beside Ira, DG, and DJ. John Stockton has played beside Jeff Horny, John Starks and the Stevenson kid (notice how the Ws have disappeared lately for the Jazz as the solid 2s have disappeared.) Baron Davis has played beside David Wesley (a former point). Jason Kidd has played beside JJ (in his prime), Kerry Kittles, L. Harris. Again, JT has played beside Ira, DG, and DJ. We don't need an all star at the 2 spot only a 2 who can dribble (we currently don't have one) and occasionally initiate the O to get the most out of JT. I don't think it is that difficult to find a player to fit this requirement----J. Crawford, George McCloud (a former point guard early in his career), Jon Barry, etc.

• Premium Member

It's not that JT isn't a good player. What you are comparing are apples and oranges. Each of the PG with the exception of maybe Davis have an natural ability to run the show. It wouldn't matter if Stockton played with Horney, Starks, Stevenson or if he played with DJ, DG, and Ira... He would make em all look better. Same with Kidd. In fact, last yr, Kidd dragged the Nets to the championship and most of the times, his SGs were Kittles and Luscious Harris. Neither of these guys are ball handlers. In fact, that whole team is not really a good passing team. JST Kidd. At the most, I would figure that the highest APG of any other player on the team is about 3 apg. To put that in perspective... Last yr, I think we had 4 guys who put up OVER 3 apg... Toni, Jacque, JT, and SAR.... I don't know the numbers, but Email may have been close? And we were a lousy passing team. What's that say for NJ.

"Although the Clippers have way better shooters than us"

are you joking? other than Piatowski, none of them can shoot from outside/midrange with consistency - they're extremely athletic and can penetrate, shoot floaters...but those don't get you assists