• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need Belkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terrynoonan

This ownership group is so bad that I'm willing to take whatever he has to offer.

That was the season opener. If they were a stock they would have plummeted last night. How can you run a business with a guy like Woody as the coach?

He's like that horrible fast-food manager that let's his employees act rude to you and then wonders why his bonus is low or non-existent. What a joke.

• Premium Member

The only people who want Belkin are those who want to see the Hawks moved to Las Vegas or those who want to see the Hawks have a Steinbrener like Owner.

The Hawks don't need Belkin... He would run the team on the cheap and try to make a profit... Who wants that. It's obvious that he doesn't care if the Hawks win or lose because why would he make the moves that he made this past summer if he wanted the Hawks to win?

What could be worse than this Diesel?

These guys are idiots. Starting with the fact that they let this Belkin thing happen.

I don't want the Hawks to move but I can't watch this for too many more years!

Do you play basketball? Have you ever competed athletically?

If you have then you would know that the team has no idea of how to win a game.

The coach is terrible, the GM hired the coach and refuses to fire him, the owners refuse to fire BK. The buck stops there!

They have no vision. They're "giving BK a chance".

I'm reacting like this because I haven't seen them in practice and did not know that they could ever play this badly.The owners are either blind or dumb.

• Premium Member

An owner who would trade away JJ for ending contracts.

Allow JSmoove, JChill, and Marvin to walk.

And try to spend the next 5 to 6 years living with draft picks.

That's the game plan that Belkin was trying to run while he was the governor.

His plan included selling off all of our contracts, living on draft picks... and not spending on big name free agents.

He doesn't care weather the team wins or loses as long as they stay cheap and allow him to make money!

Moreover, for him.. Atlanta is just a place. He doesn't love our great city. I think the owner of the team ought to be tied to the city. That's why the Falcons are so loved back by the city now.

Belkin is a Boston guy and if he buys the Hawks, I would think it won't be long before it's the Las Vegas Hookers!

• Premium Member

Not in the sense that he spends money...

or that he wants to win at all cost.

But in the sense that he doesn't care what anybody else thinks.

We already complain about having a GM that doesn't care about what anybody thinks... What would you say if we had an owner who felt the same!

To be honest Diesel I have tried to stay out of that mess. I really like J.J. and took the Spirit side initally. But how can we support a group that supports Woodson? I can't.

BK has done a few good things but they should know that there are much more insightful basketball minds in need of jobs.

Quote:

Belkin is a Boston guy and if he buys the Hawks, I would think it won't be long before it's the Las Vegas Hookers!

...but I think we would be the Las Vegas Pimps. The Hookers would be our dancers or sister WNBA squad.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

To be honest Diesel I have tried to stay out of that mess. I really like J.J. and took the Spirit side initally. But how can we support a group that supports Woodson? I can't.

First off, by giving Woody a "FAIR" shake.

We gave Woody a team with Rookies and Kenny Anderson, Kevin Willis, and Antoine Walker and told him... Win.

Then we gave him the youngest team in the league and told him... Win..

Right now, he has had 2 full years with the Joshes and 1 with JJ. I think if we are to put him under scrunity this is the year to do it.. But I'm not going to scruntinize him after the first game with one of his star players injured...

Believe me, there are other names that's out there that I would like to see come in to coach the Hawks...

But in All fairness, you can't give a chef hotdogs and tell him to make a gormet meal. Lets see where we are 12 games in.

Seems fair. 12 games. Even if we win a little we can never win big with him though. That is my point. His in game flaws will lose games every year and any games we won would be squarely on the players. He is killing us! Not to mention pre-game preparation. Seriously, why wait 30 or 40 games? He sucked 2 years ago, last year, and we are doomed this year with him I fear.

Quote:

But in All fairness, you can't give a chef hotdogs and tell him to make a gormet meal.

um what? why on earth not? laugh.gif

Hmm.. I watched all of the game last night, and I didn't even see an attempt to right the sinking ship, make adjustments, etc. Maybe they just didn't show it on tv, maybe it just didn't happen -- who can say!

• Premium Member

MCDavid was a car salesman. He was not/is not rich. His main goal was not to just own the team, but to move the team. He was working to get out of the iron clad lease agreement that the Hawks have with the city. There was speculation that he already had spoken to the good people of Las Vegas about possibly bringing a franchise to Las Vegas.

Now Belkin on the other hand is similar. While Belkin can bankroll the team (McDavid couldn't come up with the needed money). Belkin wants to keep the team cheap and then sell the team.

Quote:

...Belkin wants to keep the team cheap and then sell the team.

That is so much unfounded horse manure. If they other goober owners had followed Belkin's advice we would likely have had JJ AND our first round draft pick this year.

Now everybody is harmony "They would have matched"...nobody knows that for sure. Chances are Phoenix would have taken the 1 first rounder and Diaw and let JJ go instead of paying him $$ they couldn't really afford.

They should get all the owners together - give them chips in accordance with their percentage of team ownership - and have a poker game. That would settle it quick.

Quote:

Quote:

...Belkin wants to keep the team cheap and then sell the team.

That is so much unfounded horse manure.

I don't think it's unfounded at all. Is it not true the initial ownership strife came from Belkin constantly whining that we were spending too much money, and it culminated with the JJ trade.

I think the Belkin spend-happy-owner fantasy is what is unfounded horse manure. What evidence do you have?