• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is wrong with us????

Obviously the start of the season is key for the Hawks. But I have never seen this site over react the way some of us are after last nights game. It's rediculous.

The Hawks played very well on the defensive side of the ball last night, they were quite aggresive. It was just the offense that was shaky. You can't blame Mike Woodson for the team shooting 33%!!!

I think it was just a case of trying to do too much on opening night. The Hawks need to keep thier composure when they are on the offensive.

We have a chance to get back to 500. with one win tomorow night. Everyone in the area please be in attendence for the game!!! Help our Hawks out!!! A win Friday would be huge.

I'll be there with my free rally towel they are passing out. We HAVE to win tomorrow night against the Knicks. I know its only the 2nd game of the season but its a must win no doubt. We have to get off to a good start damn it! Come on Hawks!! Shelden start collecting some rent down there!

Quote:

When we start winning some games, these same naysayers will be jumping back on the bandwagon.

We are not on a wagon trail to contention! Contention requires very few mistakes, none significant, a little luck, if you're LA Lakers landing a top tier FA or two.

BK has made mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake. We are not on a path to contention with him. I don't expect mistake-free GMing but he makes them incessantly and his are BIG using up our greatest assets. This can't be the bandwagon you speak of.

W

Quote:

...Can somebody answer how Woody is responsible for the team shooting 33% last game?

Ball movement and spacing on the offense for one. If the offense isn't fluid and players are diving for passes just to prevent turnovers - it doesn't lend itself to well setup and timed shots.

If, on the other hand, a wing player knows that the PG is going to drive the lane and look for (option 1) a dish to the PF/C inside, or (option 2) to kick it out to them for the three, they will be fairly well set for what is going to happen and ready for the shot (this is just a layman's example of course - I'm no offensive guru).

Granted we missed a good many open shots last game - but it often didn't look like the shooters knew what was going on until "whoops...I've got the ball and I'm open...better shoot."

• Premium Member

Quote:

Granted we missed a good many open shots last game - but it often didn't look like the shooters knew what was going on until "whoops...I've got the ball and I'm open...better shoot."

My only problem with this is that S. Williams is the only one who doesn't know the offense. Everyone else should know what to be doing.