Interior D

Duff_Man

• Premium Member

Really,

It's not the PA stat that makes the most difference, it's the difference between PF and PA...

Before the game, we were negative. Right now, we should be on the positive side... The more positive the better...

We have to take respect!!!!!

Someone mentioned Speedy playing the lanes...I am re-watching the game, and WOW. Maybe there is more to that signing than we thought?

Plus, I say Shelden is annoying enough on the interior to make a difference. I like it so far...2-0 at home! Without Marvin!

• Premium Member

Got the chance to go to the game today and I have to agree. The Hawks were playing some very energetic and pesky defense today. Speedy seems to be getting more comfortable and through that is starting to annoy the crap out of other team's PG. There were many plays today where he absolutely refused to let his man the the ball back from a handoff screen. It was great.

The other thing that is different on D this year is that our bigs are showing after their man screens. That effort was consistant today and made life very difficult for Orlando when they were trying to get in a rhythm.

The defense was the best I have seen in awhile. And Speedy has sucked on offense but his ability to stop penetration is HUGE, plus he plays the passing lanes and gives great help. His offense will come around but I love his defense. Lue brings offense off the bench but his defense is terrible. Speedy also helps the Hawks push the ball to get easy buckets. Shelden is a career role player. Not much there...a bust as a #5. At 23 he isn't a young rookie either. BK just had to have him.