• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Give credit were credit is due

codyatl

What a great start for the Hawks without MWill. You have to give some credit to coach Woodson. They are playing great defense right now. I almost hate saying this because I am not a big fan of Woody but so far so good. I would like to see the Hwwks get out and run more, much more. That is our bread and butter. When we get caught in a half court game we lose. With all the young athletes we have there isn't a team in the league that can hang with our kids running. Thank GOD for the Hawks to save the weekend for Ga sports. Man, that sounds strange.

• Premium Member

Quote:

When we get caught in a half court game we lose.

That is the beauty of this years team. We can win in the half court game because of our defense. Our 2 wins this year were primarily half court basketball wins so how can you say we will lose in the half court? Did you watch any of the games? This is not last year's team if that what you are going on.

• Moderators

I am thrilled with the start but lets not get too carried away. 2-1 looks like a tremendous start but if we lost one of the last two we'd be pessimistic at 1-2.

That said, we seem to be getting off to a much better start than last year and haven't let the absence of Marvin throw us off yet.

Quote:

I give our players a ton of credit for playing good. JJ and Zaza especially. Our bench has been solid.

The thing is we have a lot of room to improve. Speedy, Shelden, and Smoove can only get better. Plus Marvin will be coming back. A lot to feel good about.

Agreed, we have a long way to go. They have played with controlled intensity the last two games. Less careless turnovers and good defense. Nate Robinson and Arroyo had good good efforts in the forth quaters of their games but JJ's scoring and overall defense repelled those threats.

Let's not forget the play of Josh Childress and Lue.