• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Start Lue/Childress? Smoove's new role...

a1aa0

Did anyone else notice that we'd be down 15 or so, bring in Lue/Childress, okay we're back even or ahead... Bring Smoove back in, okay we're back down...

Smoove currently is hurting us on both ends of the floor... Ill advised shots on the offensive end and lack of defense on the other end... I've always said he should defend the weakest offensive player on the other team... That way he can do what he does best... Come behind his teammate defender and get the block... I think he should defend the opposing team's center (assuming they're the last offensive option which is the case for most NBA teams)...

Keeping up with a defender on the move is not his strong suit.. He always lags behind.. If he's in the paint lurking, he always has the potential to intimidate or get a block (which he did several times last night; altering shots near the goal)...

Childress on the other hand is playing an all around game and has matured his game quicker than Smoove's... Lue is currently hitting big shots and is the only PG we have that can hit the consistent outside shot... So START'em both! UNLESS, you feel like you need both of those guys to come off the bench to spell JJ... Starting both of those guys really does hurt your "2nd string" so maybe that's BK's thought process... Keep the team more even keel then have a big dropoff when your starters go out...

• Admin

I disagree. I think the notion that he's "hurting us at both ends" is biased.

In fact, him fouling out last night, hurt our defense. We were doing a much better job of closing off the paint and preventing penetration when he was out there. Once he went out, the layup line formed up.

Childress place is coming off the bench. He brings good D and a change of pace. Lue simply isn't a starter. That's why Speedy was brought in and why Bozeman has been starting, albeit with limited minutes. He's also a change of pace player and an offensive spark for us. I like them both coming off the bench. Josh Smith will be fine. It's unrealistic to expect him to not have bad games or stretches and it's knee jerk to start changing things just because of it.

Smoove controlled the game for a brief strectch on the defensive end when we got cold from the floor right before he fouled out.

he changed shots and made them missed 2 or 3 shots on the break.

the team is just playing poorly right now for stretches at a time.

Marvin and Speedy will help tremendously.

No need to change Lue's and Chill's roles. They're both playing heavy minutes anyway and are in the game at the end. So starting them isn't going to make much difference.

We came out slow last night, but eventually got to the point to where we were up 10, and should've kept control of the game.

Shots don't fall . . people start turning the ball over . . and we lose.

The Hawks aren't the first NBA team to lose like that. We just can't make it a habit.

Sure would be nice to be 6 -1 right now though. But 4 - 3 is OK.

Smith is the Hawks X factor, when he is "on", he can be senational and thw Hawks usually win. When he is not "on", which is just as often as when he is "on", the Hawks usually loose because he is such a liabilty on those nights.

So that is the problem, the Hawks will not be consistent winners with JS in the starting line-up. One day he may turn into a consistent player, but that is nowhere on the horizan.

Smith needs to come off the bench and provide that sensational spark when he is "on", for a couple of seasons or until he develops NBA skills. When Marvin comes back, the Williams need to man both forward spots. I wish there was a sixth starting spot for Childress, but we all know he tends to disappear when he starts.