• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons must win game vs SAINTS

cyman3

The first game against the Saints was a setup. I don't think there was a team in the league that could've beaten the Saints at home on the re-opening of the Super Dome.

As for this week's game, I think the Saints have proven that they weren't just an early season fluke. We, on the other hand, are looking more like the fluke team. As much as I want us to win, I don't think we're gonna snap out of our losing skid and that doesn't bode well for our playoff chances. Again. frown.gif

• Admin

Our season was over when we lost to Cleveland at home. Winning this game only gives us a slim hope. Defensively, we're just beat to crap right now. They do a darned good job all things considered. Offensively, we're all smoke and mirrors. Our QB just doesn't have it, our receivers can't be counted on consistantly and coaching isn't up to snuff.

It's very disappointing. This season has broken my spirit and my faith that this team will ever be able to get it done as long as Vick taking the snaps. The only way a team led by him can compete is if they have a top 10 defense to offset his inconsistencies.

The look on MORA JR's face.

WRs have to make that catch. If they dont, u may as well have an OL starting in their place... atleast they can contribute by blocking.

Joe Horn's one hand grab on a 3rd down makes me wonder...

how good this team could be if our WRs can catch.

• Moderators

Quote:

We look like a one dimensional team. Vick left, Vick right. He's done very little via the air. If there is no other way, so be it. But it will not get us to the playoffs.

I was at the game today. Vick was not perfect but did a good job through the air. The drops were aweful.

Also, the D gave up what seemed like 4-6 plays of longer than 40 yards.

It was pretty brutal to watch.

Vick had not help today.

For both Georgia and the Falcons, the dropped passes are extremely damaging to their offense.

Gotta wonder what Blank is gonna do. He's not one to sit back like the former owners. It was embarassing. Reminded me of the old time Falcons who always seemed to find a way to lose.

Coaching is like a lot of responsibilities that involve developmental stages. Seems like Mora is more of a college coach, rah, rah guy that has not learned to get beyond the momentum of the first month or two. Last two years the team has fallen flat and some of that has got to be on Mora.

• Moderators

Quote:

Gotta wonder what Blank is gonna do. He's not one to sit back like the former owners. It was embarassing. Reminded me of the old time Falcons who always seemed to find a way to lose.

Coaching is like a lot of responsibilities that involve developmental stages. Seems like Mora is more of a college coach, rah, rah guy that has not learned to get beyond the momentum of the first month or two. Last two years the team has fallen flat and some of that has got to be on Mora.

Mora and/or some of his assistants are gone after this year. This team is just not moving in the right direction.

The WR problem is obvious but there are a lot of other issues this team has to deal with. If the D would stay healthy it would resolve a lot of them, but the secondary seems to end up short every year; the D line could still use an upgrade on run defense; etc.

Our offensive line still stinks at pass-blocking (and isn't even run blocking right now); our WRs are the worst in the entire NFL; and we could use a bigger back for short yardage plays (or need to get Justin Griffith ready to do this).

Where do you start with this group?

• Moderators

Quote:

After several pour games, we finally put one back in the win column. First half was ugly, but then we started to get it together.

I only watched the second half so it looked good to me! Although I did hate the stupid facemask penalty that gave them new life near the end of the game.

i dont think Vick is injured in any way. TB has always been very good at limiting Vick's running game.

it wasnt pretty, but a win is a win. ill take it.

Dallas is a HUGE TEST for us. they are playing well.

lets hope that Dunn + Norwood's injuries arent too serious.