Claxton out again

Duff_Man

• Premium Member

This doesn't look good at all. He's been having issues since the preseason. He looked great in the 1st quarter yesterday but I noticed that he was gone for much of the second half. If he's suffering from bursitis or tendinitis, it may be best to just rest him until he fully recovers. We may have to look to the NBDL for a temporary PG solution. I hear Frank Williams is playing in the CBA or USBL or something like that.

Speedy is a wuss. I was told by some people who knew him in Philly that once he got his cash...he was through. The dude has been hurt every season in his career. He now doesn't have to play because he got his money so be prepared to be frustrated all year by this dude. Billy should have gotten a PG somewhere else. What is wrong with his knees is not structural, it is just some knee pain. Speedy won't play with pain. I'm already tired of this guy. Lets find another option at point and let this wuss just sit out the season. Don't wait for Speedy because he ain't coming. Speedy has a boo boo.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Speedy is a wuss. I was told by some people who knew him in Philly that once he got his cash...he was through. The dude has been hurt every season in his career. He now doesn't have to play because he got his money so be prepared to be frustrated all year by this dude. Billy should have gotten a PG somewhere else. What is wrong with his knees is not structural, it is just some knee pain. Speedy won't play with pain. I'm already tired of this guy. Lets find another option at point and let this wuss just sit out the season. Don't wait for Speedy because he ain't coming. Speedy has a boo boo.

Well that's unfortunate. Maybe we should look into another guard because after tomight's game, it looks like we could use one. I mentioned Frank Williams earlier as kind of a joke, but what about him? Jay Williams is out there somewhere looking for a team. Heck, where's Donta nowadays? This team needs someone who can actually guard the PG position and hit a jumpshot at the same time, at least until Javaris Critenton is available.

that statline made me think of Speedy last night. if Ben were still in Detroit they'd be rolling right along and nobody would have noticed these perceived "weaknesses" in either Ben's game or his fit in Chicago.

Claxton had an unfortunate hand injury that has kept him from getting "run" with his teammates.

it ain't going to get better until he gets a couple of weeks of practice in.

unfortunately the Hawks are thin at the position so sitting him "until" isn't really an option.

the Hawks are going to be a second half team. it's like the perfect storm.