• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is this the same team from last year?

swolehawk2

Just wondering, teams last year ended losing streaks when they played us. If this IS the same team, we should get blown out tomorrow by the Bobcats....let's see!

Marvin would help a lot....all those open jumpers from the doubling of JJ belong to Marvin, instead Smoove is knocking the paint off of the rim.

Quote:

speakin of players on the bench, SW played awesome early on and hardly got any more PT throughout the game. He needs to be given some minutes at center playing as well as he has.

Maybe Mike has too much Larry Brown in him, but your right Shelden was playing well.

We've been competitive in 10 out of 12 games this year. Most of the losses have been either in OT or by a basket or less.

With just a little luck we'd be 7-5, and everybody would be happy. These things will even out in the long run. Our points allowed and points scored are exactly the same on the year, and that's without MW and Chill for most of it.

These guys will mature even more as the year goes along. They'll start winning some close games. MW will provide a viable second option. Speedy will play like Speedy.

We're better than we were last year. When MW/Chillz come back, we'll be better still. Don't worry....yet.

As long as Zaza and Smoove are integral parts of this O, we are in trouble though!

Zaza is absolute junk! Quite posting this guy up, it is either a TO or some wacko, DA shot!

Smoove is just terrible. Nothing more to say.

Shelden and LO should be in games when it comes down to the wire, b/c Smoove and Zaza are no good.

In a way, we are. With Marvin sidelined we're starting a lottery rookie at forward and hoping for the best. Unfortunately, we're seeing what the best tends to be - heartbreaking losses in bunches.

On top of that, we lose Chillz when he was contributing across the box score. And last, our starting PG has been hampered with injuries also.

So it's a push between starting Marvin last year and Shelden this year. Neither are effective enough to compliment JJ. We're down our 6th man in Chillz. We're even with our PG situation essentially being the same.

We're playing more competitively this year, it seems, and I don't see how the blame gets put on Woodson or BK. I'm no apologist but I think they have something to do with the success that we had when we were nearly healthy (minus Speedy) and I think they'll have something to do with our success when we get back to a healthy squad.

I was speaking in terms of the mental part of the game, you can change players but until the culture is changed, it is the same old...same old....do we have the mental toughness to avoid mistakes in crucial times.....the team last year just didn't have it.

So...this is why I ask. Have we matured mentally or will we lose more than a few close games and not make the playoffs.

Mentally I think we've shown both in the win/loss column and on the court that we've improved mentally. We're reaching a point of relative roster stability, especially compared to when BK and Woody originally got on board, and with that comes stable on-court play. If we make the playoffs this year it will be equally due to the talent we have on the court as it is the level of comfort our players have with one another on that court.