• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone catch ZaZa looking nervous on the bench?

Admin

When Solomon came in for him I noticed a couple of times during great Solomon plays that while everyone was going crazy cheering ZaZa just had this somber look on his face. I think he is worried about losing his job to Solomon and with good reason IMO. It probably won't happen this year, but I highly doubt that Z is starting for us next year barring something crazy happening. He is simply incapable of changing the game on the defensive end like Jones is capable of, which to me is far more important considering all of the offensive weapons we will have once Marvin and Chillz get back.

• Moderators

I just said basically the same thing in another thread. I'd like to see a little more Shelden. But we'd be in trouble without ZaZa a lot of the time. He's our best post threat and he has played better D this year. Anyway, its good to have options. 'Solo' looks like a great pick.

Is still like Zaza, I just get furious when he either puts the ball on the floor in traffic, or pulls the ball down around his waist close in to the basket.

He and Josh looked visibly frustrated on the court when JJ and Lue stuck with the two man game. We probably needed to keep the ball in their hands to win, but I hope its not the seed of some broader discontent. Both of those guys are emotional, and if they start heading in a negative direction, you can lose them forever.

I think Zaza is jus frustrated in his game like everyone else.Every player has ups and downs,it just seems that when Zaza has bad game,it´s more than bad.I´m not worried anyways that he can rise from the mud an start playing like in first games.Also people need to stop bash so much our players.He´s not rebounding,bla bla,he´s not this and that.We have like youngest team in NBA history and we´re playing like this.

Z is worried? LOL. You guys don't know a great thing when its looking right at you. The guy had 12pts and 13 boards last night. Yeah, he really sucks. And he is an old man at 22 so he has no more room to improve. Do you realize he is YOUNGER than Solomon Jones and Shelden Williams?

Z should be a rookie this year. He gets a bad rap from some people on this board and it is just stupidity. He is close to Bogut, the #1 pick in the draft. Shelden is also older than him...if Shelden put up 12/13 some of you guys would be foaming at the mouth. Or, the same people defending a lousy coach then turn around and put down a 22 year old center who consistently does good things. I will tell you other fans from different teams would love to have him. And some Hawk fans, of all people, don't appreciate him. If you don't like Z you should stop watching because you are ignorant to the game. Just wait until this kid is 24 or 25. Maybe some will have a better appreciation for him.

BTW, if you want to watch a maddening player who really makes the most bonehead plays...watch Josh Smith. I know, he is only 20, he is young. Exactly.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Z is worried? LOL. You guys don't know a great thing when its looking right at you. The guy had 12pts and 13 boards last night. Yeah, he really sucks. And he is an old man at 22 so he has no more room to improve. Do you realize he is YOUNGER than Solomon Jones and Shelden Williams?

Z should be a rookie this year. He gets a bad rap from some people on this board and it is just stupidity. He is close to Bogut, the #1 pick in the draft. Shelden is also older than him...if Shelden put up 12/13 some of you guys would be foaming at the mouth. Or, the same people defending a lousy coach then turn around and put down a 22 year old center who consistently does good things. I will tell you other fans from different teams would love to have him. And some Hawk fans, of all people, don't appreciate him. If you don't like Z you should stop watching because you are ignorant to the game. Just wait until this kid is 24 or 25. Maybe some will have a better appreciation for him.

BTW, if you want to watch a maddening player who really makes the most bonehead plays...watch Josh Smith. I know, he is only 20, he is young. Exactly.

Darn Pete, never thought that I would agree with you on anything but you are right on the money with this one. People on this board do support their favorite and defend them even when their play is indefensible and dog players they don't like and criticize everything about them. Zaza play is far from being the problem with this team.

yup

this is why i don't wanna do any trades right now

i think we should be patient with what we have and let them grow and improve and mesh and then in a year or two we can examine a trade that may help us become contenders, but we don't yet know any of our players' (except maybe jj/lue) game yet...chill/smoove/marvin/shelden/zaza all have evolving games that may change dramatically in the next year or two

• Premium Member

Quote:

yup

this is why i don't wanna do any trades right now

Me either. The only thing I want to see is the Hawks sign (or trade for) a veteran PF to backup Shelden.

I've wondered if the Nuggets would send Joe Smith to the Hawks for a conditional 2nd rounder. Don't think the owners would take on the extra $, though.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'd rather just play Solomon.

I didn't expect Smith to take Jones' minutes. I was thinking more about having another veteran big for those times when the young players are playing like, well, young players.

(Good to have you back, by the way).

i don't want any more bigs

we've got zaza/shelden/lo/solo that can all play center

we've got smoove/shelden/marvin/solo/lo that can all play pf

we've got smoove/marvin/chill/jj/frieje that can play sf

i'd rather give solo more minutes and make room for marvin and chill's return rather than get a backup pf in a trade or signing one...

Quote:

i'd rather give solo more minutes and make room for marvin and chill's return rather than get a backup pf in a trade or signing one...

Yes. We are missing a lot of players to injury and Joe Smith majored in injury. What does he really add?

Zaza is NOT a quality STARTING NBA C. Sure, he can be a very good backup, but if we are EVER going to become a great team, it will be because we add a Solid STARTING Quality C.

Anyone know any good C in FA in the next few yrs? or a NBA-ready C coming out of the draft?

Quote:

I agree about no more bigs. I was thinking about who we were going to go after with that Indiani pick, but the way things are looking now, we may not need another big.

At this point, we would be better off getting a PG. Maybe one of those OSU or UNC phenoms. Or the kid from GT.

There are so many talented kids out there. Hopefully they all come out so one falls our way.