• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

T Lue is the MAN ! ! Of course I mean # 2

HAWKEYE

While we have the injuries with Marvin and J Chill and "Speedy is Slowly" getting back to game shape you can not deny that T Lue is helping to carry us along with JJ. No one else can carry us. No one else has really stepped up on the offensive end. He hits "Big Shots" inside, midrange and outside. He takes the hard charges and leaves his best effort on the floor. There are some on this board that would like the Hawks to win but him to fail and that is probably personal. He is criticized for taking too many shots but I like the percentages of him than anyone else save JJ. He can create his own shot. We have a few spotty spot up shooters that are not going to cut it as we get into the meat of the schedule. Don't get me wrong I want this team to win and I don't care who does it. Our 2 man game is JJ and T Lue esp. at crunch time until the others get back.

Quote:

While we have the injuries with Marvin and J Chill and "Speedy is Slowly" getting back to game shape you can not deny that T Lue is helping to carry us along with JJ. No one else can carry us. No one else has really stepped up on the offensive end. He hits "Big Shots" inside, midrange and outside. He takes the hard charges and leaves his best effort on the floor. There are some on this board that would like the Hawks to win but him to fail and that is probably personal. He is criticized for taking too many shots but I like the percentages of him than anyone else save JJ. He can create his own shot. We have a few spotty spot up shooters that are not going to cut it as we get into the meat of the schedule. Don't get me wrong I want this team to win and I don't care who does it. Our 2 man game is JJ and T Lue esp. at crunch time until the others get back.

Hawkeye,he has been doing just that since he got here. Annually he gets dissed. Another stroke for BK and Woody, They know ballers.

T Lou is the reason the hawks gave up that 24 point lead in the first place......did you not notice that he brought the ball up the court each time and they ran a pick and roll for him and he always shot the ball. no one else on the team touch the ball.ball rotation was dead granted his late game heroics help solidify the win but the game would not have been that close in the first place.....25 points and 1 ASSIST are never good numbers for a point gaurd. i hear so much about salim being a chucker but Lou chucks at an unimaginable rate for at least one qaurter a game. the sad thing is one bad quarter is all it takes for us to lose a game by a couple of baskets.

How can anyone complain about Lue's perfromance so far this year? That is absurd. Other than JJ, who would you want shooting the basketball for this team? Other than JJ, who can consistently score the basketball?

Miami is heavily pursuing this guy, it would be a big mistake to let him go. Not only does he perform on the court, he is the glue in the locker room, which none of us see. That can't be measured with stats and numbers...

Quote:

T Lou is the reason the hawks gave up that 24 point lead in the first place......did you not notice that he brought the ball up the court each time and they ran a pick and roll for him and he always shot the ball. no one else on the team touch the ball.ball rotation was dead granted his late game heroics help solidify the win but the game would not have been that close in the first place.....25 points and 1 ASSIST are never good numbers for a point gaurd. i hear so much about salim being a chucker but Lou chucks at an unimaginable rate for at least one qaurter a game. the sad thing is one bad quarter is all it takes for us to lose a game by a couple of baskets.

Exatcly, and you forgot to mention his "defense" on Felton or Knight whoever he was guarding. Those guys didn't score on Speedy in 1st Q.

Quote:

Those guys didn't score on Speedy in 1st Q.

Lue outscored both of them.

Who else is Lue going to pass to other than JJ?

*crickets*

The Bobcats put anderson on JJ and were doubling him, forcing other players to score. We've seen (and so has Lue) what happens when Smith and Zaza are forced to score late in games. it isn't pretty.

After the last few collapses Lue decided to take a more active scoring role, and it's a good thing he did.

Quote:

T Lou is the reason the hawks gave up that 24 point lead in the first place

That is ridiculous. Did you not see them focus their defense on JJ in the second half? Have you not seen the turnover/brickfest put on by Zaza and Smith recently?

I suppose Lue is the reason May had 21/17, the majority of it in the second half.

• Admin

Lue has been a very effective player for us on the offensive end. I really like his clutch shooting.

However, it is true that he is a terrible defender. His scoring and energy off the bench is great but his lack of defence is not. There is a reason the speedy point guards have been lighting us up.

Claxton and Lue compliment each other defence for offence. When Speedy get healthy Lue will problably go to 20 minutes instead of 30+ he is currently playing. That will be a more effective role for him.

Getting Marvin and Chill back will also help to take the scoring burden off his shoulders.

Quote:

I am just talking about Lue in general and what his role should be.

I agree. He is a scoring pg off the bench who has been forced to play a larger role due to Speedy's injuries and the ineffectiveness of everyone but JJ.

It's just that some people insist on bashing him even when he comes up huge which gets me riled up.

• Moderators

Quote:

How can anyone complain about Lue's perfromance so far this year? That is absurd. Other than JJ, who would you want shooting the basketball for this team? Other than JJ, who can consistently score the basketball?

Miami is heavily pursuing this guy, it would be a big mistake to let him go. Not only does he perform on the court, he is the glue in the locker room, which none of us see. That can't be measured with stats and numbers...

I am not complaining about his performance - just saying what it is. He does a very good job scoring the ball but the ball does not move around on the floor very much when we he is running the offense because he pounds the ball. By doing so he ends up taking more drives to the hole, shooting more jumpers, etc. but he is not someone who promotes ball movement. He has been very important to this team and will be even a better influence on this team when he and Speedy shift into a more balanced alottment of playing time.

bottom line is that he's a good ball-handling short 2-guard

he can drive and score, he can shoot...he doesn't turn it over and he can pass to get some assists

however, he pounds the ball at halfcourt too long and he will just hand off the ball to guys who don't want it and are overly covered and he simply doesn't distribute like a point guard

he is a good player tho, and as long as speedy gets healthy to play at least half the minutes, then he's a fine backup pg...jj/lue/marvin can create for themselves and chill has great off-ball movement to get open and shelden/zaza can get some points down low, so it's OK having a non-traditional pg like lue at the point for half the game...but he does better when speedy is playing first and we do better when lue isn't getting 35mpg

i no longer hate him like i did last year; i appreciate his contributions to the team, but he's still not a pg...he's simply a short 2guard that can protect the ball

and that's not even getting into the defensive side of things and why lue doesn't need so many minutes...

Quote:

``He gives it everything he's got every night he steps on the floor,'' Woodson said. ``He's an ultimate pro, man. He takes his job very seriously and the results are right there in front of you. His teammates love playing with him. I gotta get a few more guys playing like Tyronn.''

Quote:

``He gives it everything he's got every night he steps on the floor,'' Woodson said. ``He's an ultimate pro, man. He takes his job very seriously and the results are right there in front of you. His teammates love playing with him. I gotta get a few more guys playing like Tyronn.''

D@mn right.

Who is the guy always sacrificing his (rather frail) body to take a charge and kill a fast break?

Sure you can say he dribbles/shoots too much but when you look at who he is playing with I think it is understandable.

When Chill and marvin come back i look for him to pass more and shoot less.