• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin and Chillz are not saviors...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I keep reading about Marvin and Chillz coming to save the Hawks. We are the same team with Marvin and Chillz... we are only slightly better.

Marvin

Marvin is unproven. Smoove is actually better. A lot of people here make a big todo about Marvin's Summer League. Summer League means absolutely nothing.... Ask Foye, Sene, and Shelden about the meaning of SL? Plus it will take some time for Marvin to get into basketball shape anyway.

Chillz

Chillz is one of my favorite players, but he's still JJ's BU. The fact that JJ plays almost 42 mpg means that Chillz won't play as much. Especially being that Speedy's coming back and Lue's been huge... When does Chillz get time?

This is reality. The team we're seeing now are the Hawks... There's no hidden immunity idol...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your flat out wrong saying Smoove is better than Marvin! Maybe defenisively but no way in hell offensively. Marvin is a way more overall polished offensive player than Smoove. Smoove is still raw as hell with horrible ball handling skills and can't create his own shot like Marvin. Chill will get minutes one way or another believe that.

• Premium Member

In the last regular season basketball game that Marvin played in (hell, the last set) Smoove was better. Smoove defense was a lot better than Marvin's hack the man...

So many of you think that Marvin's going to be such a stud offensively that defense doesn't matter...

1. Defense always matters.

2. I don't know what Marvin will be offensively... if he can dribble with his head up, he may be alright!

• Premium Member

I'm not touching the Marvin debate. It will be settled on the court when he returns.

But you're wrong about Childress. I was wrong about Childress. He's very efficient, smart, and has become a much improved defender. The Hawks need him on the court for those times when Josh Smith reverts to his high school days.

Quote:

I keep reading about Marvin and Chillz coming to save the Hawks. We are the same team with Marvin and Chillz... we are only slightly better.

Marvin

Marvin is unproven. Smoove is actually better. A lot of people here make a big todo about Marvin's Summer League. Summer League means absolutely nothing.... Ask Foye, Sene, and Shelden about the meaning of SL? Plus it will take some time for Marvin to get into basketball shape anyway.

Chillz

Chillz is one of my favorite players, but he's still JJ's BU. The fact that JJ plays almost 42 mpg means that Chillz won't play as much. Especially being that Speedy's coming back and Lue's been huge... When does Chillz get time?

This is reality. The team we're seeing now are the Hawks... There's no hidden immunity idol...

I was just starting to give you props, now...

Marvin will be the second option. As far as Josh Smith, he should be a little more Diawish than Marionish. Just pass from the perimeter and rebound/defend.

Chillz is a favorite also. He forces playing time cause he IS trill.

The more Solomon plays, the more Zaza is packaged with Smoove for Gasol (trade Smoove, is that blasphemy?)

Does ANYONE expect these two to be saviors? I think not.

We do get MUCH better though with them back...Especially in crunch time when we need someone besides JJ to shoot the ball.

As for the Marvin - Smoove debate, there is not one. Marvin is Soooo much better than Smoove at EVERYTHING but blocks...And it looks like Marvin was beginning to block some shots this preseason.

Marvin is better at EVERYTHING offensively compared to Smoove...PLEASE name something that Smoove is better at.

On Defense, Marvin is already a much better on ball defender.

On top of that, Marvin plays MUCH smarter than Smoove!

what are you smoking?

since when has chill had problems getting pt? they'll play jt/chill backcourt, they'll play chill at sf, etc...chill gets his minutes and he's a HUGE part of our 4 game win streak earlier

and marvin is a better perimeter defender than smoove and in pre-season was even out blocking smoove

he's a better man-to-man defender while smoove is better at paint defense and help defense

and if marvin can get to the line 5,6,7+ times/game, that will be HUGE for us

Quote:

In the last regular season basketball game that Marvin played in (hell, the last set) Smoove was better. Smoove defense was a lot better than Marvin's hack the man...

So many of you think that Marvin's going to be such a stud offensively that defense doesn't matter...

After conclusively proving that Marvin is a worse defensive player than Smoove with the some aid from Gutzy, Diesel goes on a rampage on how defense is so important. Are you a political speech writer? I love this comedy.

anyone who has watched this season knows how important childress and lue have been to this team especially in clutch situations.

As for Marvin, I'm not going to waste any breath trying to convince the #1 (or is it #2? not sure) Marvin hater that he is better than Smoove, all I will say is that you better get bashing him hard and fast because your time to do so before he starts proving his worth on the court will run out soon.

As for the obvious, I doubt you can name a single person here who claims that they will be saviors. What most believe is that getting our starting SF back, our starting PG healthy and our do-it-all backup back will easily help put us over the edge to win more of the close games we are in. No one is saying they are saviors or that our record will improve as the schedule gets harder.

• Premium Member

Quote:

2. I don't know what Marvin will be offensively... if he can dribble with his head up, he may be alright!

Such a shame! You were starting to develop some credibility on this MB. Now you have totally exposed your lack of backetball knowledge with this thread. I don't know where to start so I won't respond to your claims but damn!

• Premium Member

Chillz is everything you say... However, there are 2 other things he is:

1. He's JJ's backup.

2. He's not a high point per minute guy...

JC is not the Microwave... He's more like the Stone Oven. He'll get it done but it's never quick. J Chill was playing 37 mpg... that's with Speedy hurt, Marvin out, and Salim in th doghouse. I'm thinking that he's going to be playing more like 17 mpg. Maybe less (depending on Speedy's recovery.)

I don't think that's enough time for smoove to contribute a lot.

Quote:

He's not in there to put up quick points. If we wanted to maximize PPG we'd play salim-JJ-Marvin-Freije-Pachulia for the rest of the year. We all know that Chill is a guy who does all the little things to help you win without it always showing up on the scoreboard.

Quote:

Quote:

He's not in there to put up quick points. If we wanted to maximize PPG we'd play salim-JJ-Marvin-Freije-Pachulia for the rest of the year. We all know that Chill is a guy who does all the little things to help you win without it always showing up on the scoreboard.

Heck, even if MW and Chillz were just there and played like last year, everybody else would have been rested at the end of the games and we would have won all those close games. You don't even need them to improve for that. Wouldn't you call 10-3 record as a savior's deed?

• Premium Member

I agree...

Chillz has been clutch... Playing 37 mpg. However, with everybody healthy, Shelden playing very well, how many minutes do you think Chillz will get on the floor. We'd be lucky if he can finish the 2nd half of the fourth quarters for us. I will guess 17 mpg.

The point is, that while everybody was hurt, it was easy to see Chillz usefulness..

But we're getting people back... now all we can see is the logjam...

JJ is not going to give up much of his 42 mpg because he's been a high minute guy for a few years now... He's a marquee player... he deserves that... Once Speedy gets back in shape, he and Lue will man the PG position... NO need for Chilz there... What's left? Shelden's doing just what we want him to do!!! You want to bench him more than Woody already does? Plus you're getting Marvin and Smoove.

Quote:

I'm thinking that he's going to be playing more like 17 mpg. Maybe less

laugh.gif

RIIIIGHT.

Salim's minutes will go right back to ZERO when Chillz comes back.

Hell, Chillz is better than 4/5ths of our starters right now. It just so happens that the one better player plays his position too.

i think chill will see lots of sf time as always

i think smoove will see more pf time when chill/marvin come back and shelden will see more center time than he has been (notice his per at c is VERY good, tho he's only played 7% of center mins thus far)

speedy/lue/bozeman

jj/chill/slim

marvin/chill/smoove

smoove/shelden/solo

zaza/shelden/lo/solo

that's 12 players...13th will depend on injuries and play in practice and such...