• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

a december free fall is imminent

gsuteke

unfortunately the Hawks are facing a tough schedule while the team is severely short-handed.

Speedy Claxton's inability to log starters minutes is causing Salim Stoudamire to play far more minutes than he should.

Marvin Williams and subsequently Josh Childress' injury have believe it or not left the Hawks somewhat thin at the forward position. the end result is Matt Frieje getting major minutes. big problem.

Salim should be playing 5 minutes a game in spot duty. Frieje should be a DNP coaches decision on a nightly basis.

unfortunately with the injury situation the Hawks are forced to play these marginally talented players. the end result is imminent, a December free fall.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt we are going to struggle. It's common sense, but people on this site think we are pessimists for being honest. This team is injured and young, which is not a good combo when facing the teams coming up.

Quote:

Yes we do have the players. If Smith doesn't get him in the eye the Hawks could have very easily won this game.

you're wrong Ex. look at the players. compare them to any decent NBA team. we just don't have the horses right now my friend. the games themselves have shown us that the Hawks were scraping by with Childress in the lineup. since he's been out the Hawks have won what, 1 game?

i am not a negative poster. the sky is not falling. at the same time you can't convince me this lineup of

Zaza

Smoove (?)

Joe

Speedy (playing 20 minutes)

Shelden

Ren

Lue (our #2 scorer)

Salim

Frieje

Soloman

can get it done. the injury straw has broken the camel's back.

for those of you keeping score that's a

bargain basement FA signing

a "potential" player

a rising superstar

a hurt player

a rookie

a role player

a great backup PG

a role player

an end of the bench guy

an end of the bench guy

If you add Chillz and Marv to that mix it completely changes the dynamic of this squad allowing Woody to field a versatile lineup and this team can compete.

Quote:

Yes we do have the players. If Smith doesn't get him in the eye the Hawks could have very easily won this game.

Smoove was not the difference in this game. With him, we would not have "very easily" won this game. I'm sorry, he was not the difference between and win and a loss tonight.

The Cavs are a playoff team and they were extremely hot in the first half. the Hawks fought back and tied the game and looked to me like they were going to win.

Then Smith goes out and Freije becomes the Cavs 6th man. if Solomon or Shelden comes in instead it is a completely different game.

Quote:

Quote:

you're wrong Ex. look at the players. compare them to any decent NBA team. we just don't have the horses right now my friend.

Everything was O.K. until the Freije disaster when Smith got hurt. What are you guys talking about?

you know i just don't think that is the case.

you'd have to assume J Smoove would be having a lights out 4th quarter shooting the ball to make that reach.

on top of that Salim is logging big minutes.

Speedy playing 30 minutes will make a night and day difference.

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove was not the difference in this game. With him, we would not have "very easily" won this game. I'm sorry, he was not the difference between and win and a loss tonight.

for real, we came back into the game when he got hurt, it was when Freije came in the game we F! up...

Quote:

Smoove was not the difference in this game. With him, we would not have "very easily" won this game.

Did you even watch the game. It was tied for Chrissakes.

The Hawks were only down 2 when the Cavs missed a foul shot which Freije promptly tipped to Lebron for a layup. Then he commits an offensive foul for a turnover and the Cavs hit a 3.

When a game is tied it can go either way. It wasn't like the Cavs were a sure thing to win going into the 4th quarter tied. JJ, Lue and Zaza were clowning them.

Quote:

The Cavs are a playoff team and they were extremely hot in the first half. the Hawks fought back and tied the game and looked to me like they were going to win.

Then Smith goes out and Freije becomes the Cavs 6th man. if Solomon or Shelden comes in instead it is a completely different game.

i can only hope you are right and i am wrong.

believe me i'd love to say "Ex you were right. the Hawks held it down without Chillz and Marvin."

i just don't think they have the horses.

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove was not the difference in this game. With him, we would not have "very easily" won this game.

Did you even watch the game. It was tied for Chrissakes.

The Hawks were only down 2 when the Cavs missed a foul shot which Freije promptly tipped to Lebron for a layup. Then he commits an offensive foul for a turnover and the Cavs hit a 3.

When a game is tied it can go either way. It wasn't like the Cavs were a sure thing to win going into the 4th quarter tied. JJ, Lue and Zaza were clowning them.

you are basically operating on hypotheticals there. i am forming my opinion based on what I saw from Frieje and Salim along with the rest of the Hawks team in the 4th.

even if Smoove doesn't go Woody still would have been playing some guys that have no business seeing the floor on a competitive team.

I don't understand why Woody would play Freije over Solomon? WTF is this clown thinking! That was the worst move ever! Solomon comes in and hits a nice 12ft. jumper in what 5min. on 1 shot attempt and Woody takes him out. Then puts in Freije when Smoove gets hurt. I just don't understand some of the moves Woody is making here. It really cost us the game in the 4th qtr. Terrible coaching! Solomon can play for gods sake he has proved that.