• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

a december free fall is imminent

gsuteke

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Smoove was not the difference in this game. With him, we would not have "very easily" won this game.

Did you even watch the game. It was tied for Chrissakes.

The Hawks were only down 2 when the Cavs missed a foul shot which Freije promptly tipped to Lebron for a layup. Then he commits an offensive foul for a turnover and the Cavs hit a 3.

When a game is tied it can go either way. It wasn't like the Cavs were a sure thing to win going into the 4th quarter tied. JJ, Lue and Zaza were clowning them.

you are basically operating on hypotheticals there. i am forming my opinion based on what I saw from Frieje and Salim along with the rest of the Hawks team in the 4th.

even if Smoove doesn't go Woody still would have been playing some guys that have no business seeing the floor on a competitive team.

Exactly. I did watch the game, and Smoove was doing nothing that would suggest with him in the game we had an easy win.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

even if Smoove doesn't go Woody still would have been playing some guys that have no business seeing the floor on a competitive team.

So Shelden and Solomon have to business on the floor on a competitive team? GTFO

Ex, don't be that guy.

and yes, Solomon has no business on the floor if you are the San Antonio Spurs in the 4th quarter of a tied ballgame. we are trying to field a playoff caliber team right?

Quote:

we are trying to field a playoff caliber team right?

Make up your mind. First it is a competitive team (in the east that would be sub-500), then a playoff team(.500 in the east) then the friggin Spurs? wtf

Solomon has been playing very well while Freije has been playing like crap. Freije screwed up every time he touched the ball tonight. I can't make it any simpler.

Quote:

Quote:

we are trying to field a playoff caliber team right?

Make up your mind. First it is a competitive team (in the east that would be sub-500), then a playoff team(.500 in the east) then the friggin Spurs? wtf

Solomon has been playing very well while Freije has been playing like crap. Freije screwed up every time he touched the ball tonight. I can't make it any simpler.

we are at an impasse.

I'll be the first to tell you that you were right if it happens.

Quote:

Quote:

we are at an impasse.

If you think Woodson didn't have a better option than Freije then I would suggest you run to the nearest psychiatrist, there may still be time for you to get help. tongue.gif

and I think you are punch drunk right now with your homer goggles on tongue.gif

let's be gentlemen and disagree.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

we are at an impasse.

If you think Woodson didn't have a better option than Freije then I would suggest you run to the nearest psychiatrist, there may still be time for you to get help. tongue.gif

and I think you are punch drunk right now with your homer goggles on tongue.gif

let's be gentlemen and disagree.

Ex you are my favorite poster, sometimes atleast grin.gif

so when does the bleeding stop? Friday against Memphis if Joe returns? I can tell you now this team will be lucky to win 20% of their games without Joe.

Even after Joe returns I think the PG situation is quite volatile at this juncture and will ultimately be the this team's downfall.

If you knew Joe was going to get hurt then congrats, your prediction came true. Since Joe had never been injured before this qualifies you for soothsayer status.

They were 2-2 on their west trip when Joe went down.

Without Joe they definitely suck and there is no telling when he will be 100%.

Quote:

Quote:

Even after Joe returns I think the PG situation is quite volatile at this juncture and will ultimately be the this team's downfall.

So, you agree with me now? Last night was the last straw? What horrible play by Craig was it?

Hop I've been complaining about the PG position since i registered on this site. even when Speedy was signed i didn't throw up a "mission acomplished" sign.

screaming about it really isn't going to do anybody any good though.

everything is going badly for the Hawks right now. they are losing and Indy is winning.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Besides, if Levenson has nothing better to do, and our owner is going to be Squawkin', I want him to really know how I feel. I'm not Craig's wife. I'm not here for emotional support. He sucks. Acting like he's not there, or that we didn't wasted a ton of money is simply sad. Sometimes, you sound like you've given up teke. You have to be tenacious. We have rolled over and taken it for too long.

Quote:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Besides, if Levenson has nothing better to do, and our owner is going to be Squawkin', I want him to really know how I feel. I'm not Craig's wife. I'm not here for emotional support. He sucks. Acting like he's not there, or that we didn't wasted a ton of money is simply sad. Sometimes, you sound like you've given up teke. You have to be tenacious. We have rolled over and taken it for too long.

ok Hop guys like you are why i started that new thread about bouncing ideas around.

don't tell me what you don't like about the Hawks, tell me what you would do within reason to address your concerns.

First off, there are no "guys like me". There is only me. Secondly, I do have some positive thoughts. I like most of the players. Especially, the young ones. Unless you get a consensus though, on what is wrong, it's a little like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic, isn't it? I'll stay positive when I chime in on your FEEL GOOD board. Remember, we can't make the changes you want to talk about. We're not the GM. We can only look at the variables in place and make assumptions accordingly. My hope is to put heat on the organization. I've been a Hawks fan a long time teke. I'm going crazy with this type of structure and lack of effort.

Quote:

First off, there are no "guys like me". There is only me. Secondly, I do have some positive thoughts. I like most of the players. Especially, the young ones. Unless you get a consensus though, on what is wrong, it's a little like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic, isn't it? I'll stay positive when I chime in on your FEEL GOOD board. Remember, we can't make the changes you want to talk about. We're not the GM. We can only look at the variables in place and make assumptions accordingly. My hope is to put heat on the organization. I've been a Hawks fan a long time teke. I'm going crazy with this type of structure and lack of effort.

so are you saying you have no answers?

I don't quite understand the limiting of Shelden's minutes as well. I was at the Denver game and the guy was playin' great defense (he gets more hands on interior passes than anyone) and then he sits for like the WHOLE game?!?!?

I'm assuming it has to be a physical concern because he should be getting more minutes. Unless they're worried about his transition from college to pro to last the whole season.

I'd like to see the Hawks play more of the 3-2 defense. The times they used in against Denver they were successful more than 67% of the time. Plus, it seems to help our rebounding even though zones aren't supposed to.

• 3 weeks later...

Quote:

Quote:

Yes we do have the players. If Smith doesn't get him in the eye the Hawks could have very easily won this game.

you're wrong Ex. look at the players. compare them to any decent NBA team. we just don't have the horses right now my friend. the games themselves have shown us that the Hawks were scraping by with Childress in the lineup. since he's been out the Hawks have won what, 1 game?

i am not a negative poster. the sky is not falling. at the same time you can't convince me this lineup of

Zaza

Smoove (?)

Joe

Speedy (playing 20 minutes)

Shelden

Ren

Lue (our #2 scorer)

Salim

Frieje

Soloman

can get it done. the injury straw has broken the camel's back.

for those of you keeping score that's a

bargain basement FA signing

a "potential" player

a rising superstar

a hurt player

a rookie

a role player

a great backup PG

a role player

an end of the bench guy

an end of the bench guy

If you add Chillz and Marv to that mix it completely changes the dynamic of this squad allowing Woody to field a versatile lineup and this team can compete.

the worst thing that can happen to the Hawks at this point is to continue at this pace through January and then pull it together and start playing decent basketball in February and March

Guest Walter

Quote:

the worst thing that can happen to the Hawks at this point is to continue at this pace through January and then pull it together and start playing decent basketball in February and March.

Whatever we want to call it this is not only our best but only option for significant improvement.

W

JJ, Lue and Josh Smith going down was just too much for this team to handle on top of all the other injury problems they had.

If Lue had been healthy they would have finished off the Bulls and utah. Things would have looked a lot different then.

Missing Smith has really hurt.