• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sun Fans on Diaw

Dakin

I haven't watched him play at all this year but it's interesting (and unsurprising) to see what some fans are saying about his disapointing season. (from espn board)

Quote:

"The biggest complaint that should be made about Diaw is his not taking shots when he should be. Diaw is such an unselfish player, but he needs to take the shots sometimes to help the team. I would love to see Diaw work on driving the ball to the rim, then taking the shot and learning to get the contact and the foul.

But Diaw is only 24 and still has plenty of time to continue to develop. He also needs to improve defensively. Hopefully KT can help Diaw and Amare in that area"

Quote:

boris is feeling his way out .....and his passing out for threes instead of taking a free layup or dunk bugs me just a bit, but it is something we can live with...with the guys on this team used to getting alot of shots i'd rather see boris playing too unselfish right now than too selfish

ive said this before but it bears repeating...if the suns could teach boris to be just a bit more selfish and lb to just be a tiny bit more unselfish or more accurately if those two had nash's knack for knowing when to shoot and when to pass the suns would be virtually unbeatable

It all sounds pretty familiar. What was up with him last year I wonder??

From Realgm..

Quote:

He got paid...plain and simple. All the signs are there if you watch the games. He looks bored when playing, isn't playing with the same passion, came to camp out of shape. What other evidence do you need. Obviously you got to give him some time to acclimate to the new lineups, but if he isn't playing well by the all-star break, we should look to trade him. The only problem is, who would want a 6-8 out-of-shape center, with a big contract. I know he has been saying all the right things about his play, but action speak louder than words. Wouldn't it be nice to have JJ instead. Too bad.

Quote:

I know he has been saying all the right things about his play, but action speak louder than words. Wouldn't it be nice to have JJ instead. Too bad.

LOL where is that Suns troll now?

I just found a good line from a suns thread;

Quote:

Also, any interest in trading him if he keeps this up? That's a hefty contract for a guy that averages a
triple single.

While us Hawks fans aren't the type of fans to say we told you so but....

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!! Did we call it or did we call it? It took only about a dozen games into the second year until Suns fans started regretting the trade. We told them that Diaw was playing for a contract last year. We told them that JJ would be worth every penny plus the picks. Now they see JJ leading a team minus two of their key guys to wins while Diaw continues to inhale everything that isn't nailed down. Barring a collapse or injuries (possible given the minutes played and the 46 players defending him every night), he should have his All-Star pass already written in stone.

Where are all of the national media guys from last year who told us how the Hawks were so taken by the Suns? What about all the ones who annointed Diaw as the great one? Bill Walton is the only one left in his corner but then again, as the unofficial color commentator for the Phoenix Suns, he has to stay loyal.

I was there to see it. Our team caught tons of flack on Realgm and the ESPN boards; as if we had to the audacity to attempt to improve our team by spending $$$ to lure a free agent who actually wanted to be here for a guy who clearly didn't.