Y'all are right...We don't need A.I.

Johnnybravo4

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I need a challenge.

Then here is one that you will dodge yet again.

The Hawks just got blown out without their star player JJ. They lost to a team that had lost 5 straight.

However when Philly played without Iverson (against the top team in the east) they almost beat them, shooting 52% from the field.

Since Philly is so bad without AI (and only 5-13 with him) how did they almost beat the top team in the east?

Quote:

Quote:

I need a challenge.

Then here is one that you will dodge yet again.

The Hawks just got blown out without their star player JJ. They lost to a team that had lost 5 straight.

However when Philly played without Iverson (against the top team in the east) they almost beat them, shooting 52% from the field.

Since Philly is so bad without AI (and only 5-13 with him) how did they almost beat the top team in the east?

I mean there are other NBA players on the squad. They are in the NBA for a reason, they can play. As much as I call players stiffs, in reality the NBA's biggest scrub would skunk us all in a game of horse. That being said, sometimes teams can rally around losing a key player. We just lost to the Sonics without Ray Allen, and the Lakers have won a lot of games (including against us) without Kobe. Are they better teams without those superstars?

There is also a benefit in change in scenery. Don't you think that A.I would benefit being away from the cynical Philly media as compared to our soft media in Atlanta?

Wouldn't JJ prefer it that when he sends a pass to someone it could be received by someone who can make a shot? And vice versa to A.I.

Wouldn't you like to go to Phillips and have the entire stadium be filled with Hawks fans? Don't you want to see something more exciting than the Sky Squad? A.I could galvanize the whole fan base. All of these hypocrites who are against the AI move would be running to the ticket office the day the transaction happened. We would be sold out the remainder of the season. And guess what? We'd win too. And if in 3 years we are in Salary cap hell, so what? We could get some real vets with the MLE and we'd actually have something to talk about for the next 3 seasons other than who we will draft next.

Quote:

That being said, sometimes teams can rally around losing a key player.

But Iverson is a Hall of Famer! Losing him is like losing Shaq right!

LAL and Seatle were playing the Hawks. The Sixers were playing the top team in the east right now. And LA is 4-0 without Kobe, who is a selfish chucker like AI, just not as bad.

When the Sixers continue to play better without AI you are going to have to find a better excuse or face the trush, AI makes the players around him worse. He isn't The Answer, he is The CAnswer.

Quote:

I mean there are other NBA players on the squad. They are in the NBA for a reason, they can play. As much as I call players stiffs, in reality the NBA's biggest scrub would skunk us all in a game of horse. That being said, sometimes teams can rally around losing a key player. We just lost to the Sonics without Ray Allen, and the Lakers have won a lot of games (including against us) without Kobe. Are they better teams without those superstars?

But, as you said (or whoever it was that said... "The Lakers have Odom. the Sonics have Lewis," but it was you who said "Chris half a knee Webber" and "Kyle Korver, who needs to be set up for a shot." I agree that Iverson gets a bum rap as a cancer of a team. However, you can't have it both ways. It's obvious that he can't win by himself. It's less obvious right now that his team can't win without him, because in that one game they played more impressively. I'll even grant you a sample size, but in the next two or three games, see how the Sixers play. If it's at the same level or slightly diminished one from with Iverson, then it's obvious that he's not the world changer that you make him out to be.

Quote:

There is also a benefit in change in scenery. Don't you think that A.I would benefit being away from the cynical Philly media as compared to our soft media in Atlanta?

The same Atlanta media that is crucifying Mike Vick right now? Yes, the Hawks don't get near the coverage that the Sixers get. That's because everyone views the Hawks as a joke, with nobody to blame. Did you see Chris Chandler get crucified when he was on the Falcons? No. However, Atlanta, known as a great basketball city with a terrible basketball team, would jump on the same as Falcons fans did. And they'll attack Iverson just the same. Will it be the rabid Philadelphia fanbase? Probably not, but it's not like moving to Memphis where they're just happy to have a team, and wins are a great plus.

Quote:

Wouldn't JJ prefer it that when he sends a pass to someone it could be received by someone who can make a shot? And vice versa to A.I.

He probably would. He'd probably also like to no longer have games that he shoots 50% and the opposing teams center shoots 80% on field goals and 73% on FTs, with 10 rebounds negating the forced misses that JJ caused. And it's not like AI is a great shooter anyways, he of a 39% shot percentage.

Quote:

Wouldn't you like to go to Phillips and have the entire stadium be filled with Hawks fans? Don't you want to see something more exciting than the Sky Squad? A.I could galvanize the whole fan base. All of these hypocrites who are against the AI move would be running to the ticket office the day the transaction happened. We would be sold out the remainder of the season. And guess what? We'd win too. And if in 3 years we are in Salary cap hell, so what? We could get some real vets with the MLE and we'd actually have something to talk about for the next 3 seasons other than who we will draft next.

I would LOVE for Phillips Arena to be packed. But not at the cost of tearing up the team for Allen Iverson. And no, I wouldn't buy any more tickets than I do now. I don't want to turn us into the Knicks, which apparantly your lack of caring about "salary cap hell" would not mind. A team full of guards with a center that puts up points but doesn't defend.

Out of curiosity: What would YOU propose we trade for Allen Iverson. I've been going on the standard of Claxton/Wright/Smith/First. Other people have proposed to just make it Claxton/Wright/Childress, which I would have no problem doing, but Philadelphia would not take it over the Boston offer. So tell me, what's YOUR idea.

The Sixers would not trade AI to a division rival unless there were no other offers. AI to boston is an invention of the Boston media. Telfair couldn't survive in Philly, he'd get crucified. Jefferson is intriguing but unproven. Their trades are no better than ours.

And if you want to compare ATL media to Philly's media you are insane. Philly is the most cynical town in the world. The Braves Hawks and Falcons get a free pass. Truly the only one that is crucifying Vick sports talk radio. The AJC softballs everyone. The only "Philly type" columnist is Terrance Moore, and he'd roll out the red carpet for AI.

And by the way, Iverson did take his team to the championship..alone. Shaq never did that.

• Moderators

Quote:

The Sixers would not trade AI to a division rival unless there were no other offers. AI to boston is an invention of the Boston media. Telfair couldn't survive in Philly, he'd get crucified. Jefferson is intriguing but unproven. Their trades are no better than ours.

And if you want to compare ATL media to Philly's media you are insane. Philly is the most cynical town in the world. The Braves Hawks and Falcons get a free pass. Truly the only one that is crucifying Vick sports talk radio. The AJC softballs everyone. The only "Philly type" columnist is Terrance Moore, and he'd roll out the red carpet for AI.

And by the way, Iverson did take his team to the championship..alone. Shaq never did that.

Alone meaning with the Defensive Player of the Year and the Sixth Man of the Year?

If you guys thing the Sixers are better off right now without Iverson then you guys are crazy. Just watch them the next couple of games and you will see what I'm talking about. They are downright awful without AI. Yeah they played Orlando tough big deal! Orlando probably thought it was going to be a cake walk since AI was sitting. Teams like the Lakers and Sonics actually have second options on the team besides their stars like Kobe or Allen. Laker have a Odom and Sonics have Lewis. Who does AI have? No One! He hasn't had a superb second option playing with him his WHOLE career. Webber is way past his prime so you can't say him. Fact is AI would help this Hawks team tremendously the next 3-5yrs and we would be in the playoffs every year. Of course I'm not sure if i'm ready to trade either Marvin, Smoove or Chill to get him. I would gladly trade Speedy and Lo Wright. But at some point it seems we will have to get rid of one them anyways in the next 2yrs. We can't keep all of them can we? The one I would move is Chill. Marvin and Smoove just have too much potential that I wouldn't want to part with at this time. If we could get the right deal I would pull the trigger on AI.

Quote:

Division competition is overrated. This isn't MLB, where only one team makes the playoffs from each division, it's the top team from each division and then the subsequent five best teams. Unless Philly thinks the entire division is going to be worse than the other seven teams (Which, be it may be right now, I highly doubt will be the case come April), they have no incentive to deal to Atlanta over Boston. They play Atlanta four times this year, and they play Boston four times this year. Considering they're most likely not gunning for a playoff birth at all if they're trading AI for youth, then is it really worth it to turn down more?

Quote:

Obviously, atheletes only care about what is written about them. Those words are much meaner on paper than they are spoken. And once again, had you read what I wrote, I acknowledged that a nasty Atlanta is not as bad as Philadelphia - But it's not going to be the cushion you make it out to be. If people turn on Vick, then they will definately turn on Iverson.

Quote:

Iverson may have been the only offensive option on that, but he had Dikembe Mutombo averaging 13 boards, 11 points, and 3 blocks on the way to being the best defensive center in the league AGAIN. Also, what you fail to mention is that this was 6 seasons ago. 6 years is a LONG time.

You're also very good at ignoring me. I ask you again: What would YOU trade for Allen Iverson. How do you propose to make both teams happy with a trade?

Thanks for remembering Deke. So few Hawks fans do. I know this, we will lose as long as Woody is coach. Unless we get KG for Batista, he ain't gonna win. A.I. would be unhappy losing here, just like anyone would. So, do you guys think there is a player that can save Woody? joe is a top ten player, and it isn't enough.

If we had Dikembe Mutombo (in his prime) manning the paint, I wouldn't care if we ran out Joe, AI, Salim, and Muggsy Bogues with him, because we'd have more post presence than we have with the Zaza/Shelden/Smoove presence right now. I don't understand how any Hawks fan can deny the importance of a defensive big after seeing Dikembe change this team entirely with his presence, and even kept the team afloat when Mookie and Smitty moved on.

Quote:

Quote:

Webber is way past his prime so you can't say him.

Webber was one of a handful of 20/10 players in the NBA last year.

Who was the last 20/10 player for the Hawks?

Reef? Al almost made it. WGAF about those numbers. Have you watched Webber play his whole career? I'm sure you have. He is a selfish, SOFFFFFFT player. He likes to stand at the high spot and make pretty passes. He is a cancer. If he had an ounce of effort, the Kings could have gotten by the Lakers. The man is like 6'10" and he wants to pass all the time. Be a man. Play post D. plasy post O. I knew this move would kill A.I.. Webber started complaining about his "role" early this year. He's not my favorite, but Alan plays with effort, even if misguided. As for Webber, any man that is that tall better get 10 boards playing all game! We all know how someone can get points.

Quote:

The man is like 6'10" and he wants to pass all the time.

If he wants to pass all the time they how is he averaging 20 for his career? and if he was standing outside all the time how did he average 10 rebounds?

Sure he isn't what he used to be but he is still a very effective player.

Quote:

He is a
selfish
, SOFFFFFFT player.

Quote:

The man is like 6'10" and
he wants to pass all the time

confused.gif

He wants to be a pg. Make every decision. When he wants to score he shoots up brick j's till a few fall. Those shots should never be taken. That's how he pads it to near 20. Just like Al. BTW-I never said he got offensive boards. So, your point about the boards is misleading. He stands near the paint on D. Duh? The other PF he's guarding isn't going to be a chump like him. They go inside. So, he is there. That's how people that tall grab boards in numbers. He sucks. He's also a liar and he cheated on Tyra Banks for god's sake. He also really did a number on all his ex-mates at Michigan. That stripped Big Ten title was all they had. They didn't get paid millions to be soft. He has a nice skill-set. Who cares? His mind is garbage.

Quote:

Quote:

Webber is way past his prime so you can't say him.

Webber was one of a handful of 20/10 players in the NBA last year.

Against Orlando he had 19/11 with 8 assists.

Who was the last 20/10 player for the Hawks?

You mean like Toine? Come on man you can do better than that. Trust me if Philly could get rid of Webber they would have a long time ago. And if you think that an AI/JJ backcourt would not be dominant then you are insane.

Quote:

You mean like Toine?

First of all Toine only had 1 20/10 year in his career and it wasn't here. And he was shooting like a dog (or i should say like AI) while he was here at 41%. Webber averaged 20/10 FOR HIS CAREER.

JJ wouldn't be getting near the shots he is getting now if AI was here. AI's 25 attempts per game have to come from someone. No way would he ever sacrifice his attempts.

And he would bring with him his horrid 41% shooting as opposed to JJ's 50%.

lol dude I'm not completely for an AI trade, but you can't honestly believe that Webber is still an effective player. What does he make, like 20 mil/year? His defense is worse than Harrington's, that's saying something.

BTW he shot 43% last year and had 2.5 TO/g, HORRIBLE for a supposed dominant PF.

He is shooting 39% this year, and only averaging 11 and 8, while still getting 30 minutes.

I'm sorry but the Webber with AI is a washed up PF making 20 million a year, not a great player next to AI. How do you think they got him from Sac so easy?