• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Y'all are right...We don't need A.I.

Johnnybravo4

Isn't it a red flag that nobody has really made an effort to get him?

Here's another problem...if Philly was smart, they would hold out for at least 80% of Iverson's value...of course, since the NBA is structured so that you can only trade contracts and not for equal player value because of the cap, that basically can't happen. Minnesota is rumored to be interested...what in the world will they trade for him? Philly is going to get ripped off value wise.

We really have nothing to gain from trading for him outside of some extra points and a couple more people in the stands. We have a lot more to gain by not trading away a collection of players and picks in a knee-jerk move.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what it tells me is that GM's of losing teams dont have the cajones to make a deal that would improve their team. It is not surprising then that the championships have been a round robin of 3-4 teams the last 10 years. When Miami traded its youth to pay Shaq 30 million dollars people said they were crazy, but look what it did. It revitalized the franchise and they won a championship. Now when the Heat play in Phillips there are more Heat fans than Hawks fans. Smaller city, Smaller market,smaller history, more fans. We are the laughing stock of basketball. Even a run at the 8 seed won't change that perception. We need a rockstar. We need pizazz. But I am finished with the subject.

Quote:

You are forgetting that Webber was coming off an injury and wasn't completely healthy. He readily admitted his knee wasn't right that year. However last year, according to him, his knee was fine.

This year so far he is playing like crap. When he suddenly starts playing well and shooting much better now that AI is gone you are going to have to come up with some new excuses.

So you are telling me that a 20 mil/year contract and shooting 43% is good? Dude he's been playing injured the past 4 years. He hasn't shot 50% since the 01-02 season! Even then it was .495. He's been HORRIBLE since his surgery that year. He's completely lost all athletic ability. You can't possibly believe that he would help anyone right now.

It's OK to not like AI, but calling him a cancer because Webber is horrible is just rediculous.

His contract is probably more untradeable than Marbury's or K-Mart's.

Quote:

Quote:

You are forgetting that Webber was coming off an injury and wasn't completely healthy. He readily admitted his knee wasn't right that year. However last year, according to him, his knee was fine.

This year so far he is playing like crap. When he suddenly starts playing well and shooting much better now that AI is gone you are going to have to come up with some new excuses.

So you are telling me that a 20 mil/year contract and shooting 43% is good? Dude he's been playing injured the past 4 years. He hasn't shot 50% since the 01-02 season! Even then it was .495. He's been HORRIBLE since his surgery that year. He's completely lost all athletic ability. You can't possibly believe that he would help anyone right now.

It's OK to not like AI, but calling him a cancer because Webber is horrible is just rediculous.

His contract is probably more untradeable than Marbury's or K-Mart's.

Getting AI would be the most stellar move our management group ever made IMO...especially if they could minimize damage to our young talent - but we won't do that - cause we don't understand winning.

Quote:

Quote:

When Miami traded its youth to pay Shaq 30 million dollars people said they were crazy,

WTF who said that?

I was wondering the same thing. And it goes right back to the type of dominance you want. When Shaq left LA, there was no question in my mind (was it in anyone's?) that Miami was poised to win a lot of games. That's what a dominant big man will do for you. Looks like it turned out pretty well for them.

It's not even fair to compare anyone who's main contribution is scoring. Who was the last scoring guard to get traded to a team to get them over the hump? The only guy I can think of who even plays guard that's in the same realm as Shaq as far as team improvement would be Steve Nash. It comes to no surprise that he's not seen as a score-first guard.

Yes, Iverson would allow us to attempt to outscore teams in the event that we can't beat them defensively. But again, what would it cost us? For all the viable pro-Iverson posts, I haven't seen a single trade proposal. That doesn't surprise me either.

Well I think its safe to say Webber is no 20/10 player anymore. Not this year anyways. He might put up 20pts shooting jumpers now and grabbing defensive rebounds but anyone who watches him play know he is a shell of his former self. he is nowhere near the dominating inside force he once was. He can't even score inside now. All he does is shoot face up jumpers. He is only averaging 11pts and 8rb. this year and looks very slow on the court.

Last 20/10 guy. Big Dog, Shareef.

Yall are worried about pass first point guards when we only have one true scorer. If your 2 guard avgs 5-6 apg and your SF avg 3-4 apg then your point guard really doesn't need to avg 12 apg. His value is his ability to break down defenses and get open looks. He can also get to the foul line at will.

• Moderators

Quote:

Big Dog never averaged over 7 rebounds in a season.

Shareef only had one 20/10 season, but it wasn't here.

Try again.

Kevin Willis almost met that criteria with 19 & 12 in 1993-94. Nique almost met it with 26 & 9.

But the last one was Moses Malone with 20 & 12 in 1988-89.

Quote:

But the last one was Moses Malone with 20 & 12 in 1988-89.

Exactly. AI apologists are constantly making excuses for AI but their excuses fall flat.

Webber is a 20/10 player FOR HIS CAREER. It is rare for a guy just to average 20/10 for a season.

AI was a distant 3rd on his team in TS%, 87th in the league behind Korver (9th) and Iggy (33rd). Of course the apologists say the only reason they shoot well is because AI is setting them up.

So how did Iggy score 27 pts last game on 50% shooting without AI to "set him up"? He sucks, right?