• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Y'all are right...We don't need A.I.

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

BTW he shot 43% last year and had 2.5 TO/g, HORRIBLE for a supposed dominant PF

He wasn't shooting poorly until AFTER he came to Philly. I wonder why.

He is a career 48% shooter, but sub 40% since he came to Philly. He didn't have any problem shooting last game though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

The Sixers would not trade AI to a division rival unless there were no other offers. AI to boston is an invention of the Boston media. Telfair couldn't survive in Philly, he'd get crucified. Jefferson is intriguing but unproven. Their trades are no better than ours.

And if you want to compare ATL media to Philly's media you are insane. Philly is the most cynical town in the world. The Braves Hawks and Falcons get a free pass. Truly the only one that is crucifying Vick sports talk radio. The AJC softballs everyone. The only "Philly type" columnist is Terrance Moore, and he'd roll out the red carpet for AI.

And by the way, Iverson did take his team to the championship..alone. Shaq never did that.

Alone meaning with the Defensive Player of the Year and the Sixth Man of the Year?

And how did they get that DPOY? They traded youth, Theo Ratliff, for veteran HOF player, and they made a finals run.

I think they call that check mate.

I conceded the point that he had help, but it reinforces my main idea that in order to make a championshp run sometimes you need to make a bold move that will push the franchise. Philly did it, Miami did it, Detroit did it. As bad as this franchise has been recently we need to have all options on the table. This isn't exactly a JR Rider move.

You know, Bravo, I was worried. I had been thinking to myself, maybe I'm just being stubborn. Maybe Bravo's right, and I don't want to concede. Maybe I'm making an ass of myself and the forums are secretly laughing at me.

And then you went and said this:

Quote:

And how did they get that DPOY? They traded youth, Theo Ratliff, for veteran HOF player, and they made a finals run.

I think they call that check mate.

Hey, we agree. The Hawks should trade youth, veterans, and contract flexibility for a veteran HOF player. However, you missed the important part of that phrase. Veteran DEFENSIVE BIG HOF player. I can't tell if you can't distinguish the difference between AI or Dikembe Mutombo, or you're hoping that I can't. Regardless, I'm pretty sure that was definitely a check mate. Allen Iverson was unable to do things by himself. Philadelphia had to go out and acquire a solid, nay, spectacular defensive big to haul down his rebounds and stop the layup drills from the other team. Which is what I've been clamoring for the entire time.

Game, set, and match, folks.

Thanks for watching, I'll be here all night.

Quote:

He is a career 48% shooter, but sub 40% since he came to Philly. He didn't have any problem shooting last game though.

First, he is not sub 40% since he came to Philly. Second, his numbers have been consistent for 5 years now.

02-03 Sac - 46% FG

03-04 Sac - 41% FG

04-05 Sac - 45% FG

04-05 Phi - 43% FG, hardly a difference, less than 2%.

05-06 Phi - 43% FG

06-07 Phi - 40% FG

Webber hasn't been a great player since the 01-02 season.

Doesn't look like AI hurt him that much. Yeah he still gets his numbers, but at what cost?

Nice try, but AI did not hurt Webber. If AI hurt Webber, than D-Wade hurt Shaq. LeBron hurt Larry Hughes. Yao hurt McGrady. Just a rediculous argument. The real reason all these players are playing worse is because of all their injuries, which have a GREAT effect on someone's career.

I do think T-Mac will turn it around, however..

Quote:

Quote:

Hey, we agree. The Hawks should trade youth, veterans, and contract flexibility for a veteran HOF player. However, you missed the important part of that phrase. Veteran DEFENSIVE BIG HOF player.

tmac.jpg

I know you just wanted to post that picture of Shawn Bradley getting posterized, but perhaps you missed the "HOF" aspect of the defensive big? Or even the "All-star?" (Though Bradley is more of a defensive presence than Zaza is, and I'd (sadly) be more content with him starting at C, that's not the groundbreaking move that's going to catapult us into the finals(AND IVERSON ISN'T EITHER)

Quote:

Doesn't look like AI hurt him that much

WRONG

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_webber/career_stats.html

Webber played 46 games in Sactown in the 04-05 season, shooting 45%

Webber played 21 games in Philly in 04-05, shooting 39%.

That is a pretty big drop.

His shooting percentage last year was the lowest of his career easily.

The 03-04 season he only played 23 games.

Dude are you REALLY making an argument that Webber is still a really effective player? Him and his 20 mil/year baggage and no defense? You can't honestly believe this.

I must have looked at the stats wrong for the first 21 games in Philly.

You are basing your opinion of AI helping someone after Webber playing his FIRST 21 games on a completely NEW team? Let's see for the WHOLE 05-06 season in Philly he shot .433, 04-05 in Sac he shot .449. After he adjusted to the new team the numbers are almost identical (1.6% difference). Not to mention Sacramento during their good years were a GREAT offensive team that had MANY scorers in Peja, Bibby, Miller, and Bobby Jackson. Christie was one of the best team glue guys I have ever seen.

You win, Johnny. I obviously bow down to your superior ability to scout players and potential. I still don't understand how you can do it. I'll never be able to see how you are able to draw a comparisons between Iverson and any of the Mutombo/Duncan/Shaq/Rasheed Wallace caliber. And, God, you even outsmarted me. When I was saying a player like Dikembe Mutombo would help this team, you saw past my ruse and knew that I secretly wanted to trade the team for Adonal Foyle and Dan Gadzuric.

It's fortunate that you are able to make such strong comparisons and elaborate the rest of us, because the rest of us sub-110 IQs cannot match up to your incredible Georgia State degree. I yield to your superior intellect and basketball knowledge, and will now accept all trade proposals you put forth, because this team would obviously be better with Francis and Iverson in the frontcourt than who we have right now.

You know a part of me wants Charlotte to get A.I. Just so I can say I told you so when we are getting our ass kicked up and down the court. But then yall will say that it isn't AI, it is all Okafor.

But I can guarantee this, you won't find people in Charlotte bitching about losing Adam Morrison and Sean May. You won't see many threads about how Iverson will mess up the chemistry of the worst team in the league. I can't wait.

Quote:

But I can guarantee this, you won't find people in Charlotte bitching about losing Adam Morrison and Sean May. You won't see many threads about how Iverson will mess up the chemistry of the worst team in the league. I can't wait.

Bernie Bickerstaff

Quote:

"We're not interested in mortgaging the future,'' Bernie Bickerstaff said Monday, when asked if the team will make an offer for Iverson. "We're pleased with our young players and we don't want to part with any of them.

RealGM Bobcats poster one

Quote:

The only way AI comes to Charlotte and I'm happy is if Okafor, Morrison, Felton remain (though I'd give up Morrison if we could get Iguodala), we trade no picks and we don't use more than half of our available cap space.

RealGM Bobcats poster two

Quote:

Wallace/Knight/top three protected 07(or non protected 08 first) and cap relief is about all I would be interested in doing, and even that i'm a little unsure about

That latter one is pretty much the consensus of Charlotte.

EDIT: Charlotte's three most valuable young players are Okafor, Morrison, and Felton in that order. Giving up May isn't even that big of a deal, he's not much better than Shelden is if at all.

Quote:

Let's see for the WHOLE 05-06 season in Philly he shot .433, 04-05 in Sac he shot .449. After he adjusted to the new team the numbers are almost identical (1.6% difference)

You are forgetting that he was coming off an injury and wasn't completely healthy. He readily admitted his knee wasn't right that year. However last year, according to him, his knee was fine.

This year so far he is playing like crap. When he suddenly starts playing well and shooting much better now that AI is gone you are going to have to come up with some new excuses.