• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My question to Marc Stein

swolehawk2

Nique Wilkins(Raleigh): Any chance the Hawks will deal before the deadline? If so, who?

Marc Stein: (12:30 PM ET ) They're trying. Hawks have put the word out that they're are HIGHLY interested in making a deal before Feb. 20? We'll see who goes. Theo Ratliff has a big contract and questionable hip, Jason Terry doesn't make enough money to fetch equal value and Nazr Mohammed doesn't seem to generate much interest. Dog? Reef? We'll see.

Does this kat give a straight answer to anything?

• Premium Member

Actually,

I believe he did the best he could do for an outsider. Every "insider" waits on Babcock to put out word through things like "Ask the GM" so they can guess what the Hawks will do.

Right now. Theo's contract is big and he's only giving us 7/7. Even if he was giving us 4 bpg, our team defense isn't good enough and our rebounding isn't good enough to support that for too long. We need closer to 10 rpg Along with 10 ppg.

JT's not making any money so what we would get back for him isn't close to his value. However, if we add some ham and egger like CC or Hendu to a JT trade and now we're talking about some value... But not much.

Tearing apart the forwards don't seem the be the right answer but who knows.

that was you? i was wondering why he gave so vague an answer...at least with the askthehawksgm, you can kind of gauge babcock's feelings at the moment...you know it's not just rumor that he's looking around cuz you get feedback from him. i for one like the askthehawksgm...