• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Over Reaction

Ive paid attention to the post ever since June 20th and the one pervading theme from everyone seems to be overreaction. Dan Dickau is undersized and hasn't proven himself yet (just like Babs) you want to trade JT and put Dickua into the starting lineup. I agree Dickua was great in college but I'm not convince he will be even decent at the pro level. Yes I would have drafted him, if he were a mid-secound rounder.

We will still have two 1st rounders next season, including our own which will be a late lottery pick. Theo Ratliff will very likely average 2.5 to 3.0 bpg, this will increase his trade value. If Babcock plays his cards right, doubt it, he can move Kukoc and CC for a draft pick and a pair of players that can be waived for cap room. Henderson can opt out of his contract next season, maybe we will get lucky and he will. Doubt it. Don't resign Vaughn its to o costly backup point gaurds come a dime a dozen. Play Nazr so his trade value can go up. Give D.Johnson(Slim) and Glover(DG) a chance to develop this season, this should be the year both blossum. Resign JT.

Next offseason we will have a lot of bait in Ratliff and two picks plus whatever we get for Kukoc. The CLippers will be serious and L. Odom will be available. Plus Chris Marcus, Western Kentucky, may develop into the player everyone think he can become, if he does we should go after him. In 2004 he will become a effective center with up swing.

Fire Kruger. Hire Rick Mahorn or Alex English.

Pete Babcock has proven himself inept every year (save last off season) and the hawks have suffered. However most of the people who post, APOLOGIES TO THE REST, are just as silly. Now everyone whats the next Dirk Nowitizky(OverRated) so "lets go after every 7'0" European PG. " Hey lets get slumkinksky slovatnik from North Moscow State Word is he's the next Great White Hope".CALM DOWN. We need to build a champion which means not trying to make the playoffs but instead focusing on building a REAL winner.

This was a weak draft with only foer immediate impact players( J.Williams,C.Butler,Gooden & T.Prince)and two potential stars(D.Wagner & Q.Woods). However read some post and every other player is the second coming of Jesus. CALM DOWN. Diesel Post a trade that makes sense. PLEASE. We can have a great team if we stop playing checkers and start playing chess.

We need Slim to come along trade for another scorer and a Real center (not the undersized Ratliff or a loser like Ostertag, Big Country or Olowakandi)

Please be thoughtful look to trade for proven players i.e. SAR. JT isnt the best PG in the world but we'll all be crying if he gets traded and have to watch him play against us. so again

CALM DOWN.

Remember CHAMPIONSHIPS not PLAYOFFS, play CHESS not CHECKERS otherwise you will end up being another babcock w/o the pay check.

Leon has good size. He's right at 6-11, 250 lbs right now. Last year, when he played in the CBA, he showed a good back to the basket offensive game and terrific rebounding ability. I think he had double digit rebounds in 21 of 23 games he played in the CBA. He showed himself to be a pretty good defender despite not getting many blocked shots.

He's 21 years old now. He would be going into his senior year in college if he had attended college. I doubt he has physically matured yet. He could be a diamond in the rough or another player to put on the poster for high schoolers going to college.

Lenny Cook and DAngelo Collins went underdrafted lets sign them. They will both be dirt cheap( in relative terms). I dont think either will do sqaut until 2004-5 , but its a small price to pay if either turns out to be a star.

These guys last season would have been 1st rounders last season during the high schooler draft fad. Unfortunately for them this was the Year of Slotsky Slotstotinsky and the Czech Republic team or as I like the call it the " Great White Hope" Draft.

What Does everyone else think?

I would definitely be receptive to giving DeAngelo Collins an invitation to the summer leagues. He's had some character issues, but he deserves a chance to see if he is past all that.

I think both will end up in the CBA or NBDL for a couple of years, and then some team will take a chance on them much like we have taken a chance on Leon.

Collins could develop into a small forward much like Rashard Lewis though.

I dont want that guy on our team. He has great talent, but from watching the ESPN Interviews and the way he carries himself, I wouldnt take him on for anything. This guy is as out there as Demetrius Underwood. He almost killed that kid in high school, and probably would have if there hadnt been someone there to stop him from bashing the guys skull in with the chair that was in his hands. You know what his defense as to why he got sent to Juvey for it?

"Well I was posed to have the best lawyer in LA, but the guy told me to plead guilty and said I would get off, but I ended up having to get locked up anyway"......not an exact quote, but something like that. He is a punk, thug, whatever you want to call him and he can stay in LA with his trashy self. Might as well Invite JR in to mentor to him.

I think you're nuts if you think Nowitski is overrated. He is easily one of the 10 best players in the league. The only players better than him in the league are:

Shaq

Kobe

Duncan

Kidd

TMac

Pierce

Garnett (tied)

I'd rather have Nowitski over Iverson, CWebb, Peja, Payton, Brand, Marbury, SAR, Miller, Baron.

The only way a 7-footer who averages 23 points and 10 boards and shoots 40% from three-point land could be overrated is if everyone was saying that he was the absolute best player in the league.

I don't buy it. He was in the 9th grade and got in a fight. Who didn't. I remember I beat the crap out of a kid that looked judt like the one Collins beat up, when I was in the 8th grade. Things like that happen all the time in high schools every were. Personally I think the other kid got what he deserved. A royal a## kicking.

Its not his overall numbers. Watch him Play he doesn't have the needed killer instinct that T-Mac, Shaq, Kobe or his teammate M. Finley have. Did you see him play the Kings.

He is merely the best of the dime a dozen "Stojaka Von Jansen" European Players. Save Tony Parker, a real player.

Over C Webb and AI? Are you feeling Okay?

GO GATORS

Yes, they both can do some amazing things on the court. But, Collins is exactly the cocky, arrogant s.o.b. that we don't need. That incident isn't very far in his past. I doubt he's changed that much. Give it a few more years (ala Butler), and I might think he's worth something.

Cooke may be the biggest waste of God-given talent on this planet. An absolute stud that went undrafted because he is a moron. Yes, maybe he did have a hard life. But, he now lives with a multi-millionaire. He should have gone to college, but he's too much of a bonehead to sit out a year and make the required grades. He flat gave up of school, thinking he would make it in the NBA. Wasn't be the first dumb decision he made...

Dolfan I understand what your saying but thats like saying you wouldn't want Eddie Griffin because he busted that one guys eye or you don't want kobe because he jumped on Reggie.

Collins has lots of talent and for a high schooler his body is beyond his years. I compare Collins to a Caron butler and is one of my favorite prospects. Who ever signs him will be very glad in 2-3 years that they did.

Its really sad for Cooke. He could be another Stackhouse if he could get his shot down. He has a learning disability[just like former Georgia Souther star, Adreian Peterson which was the only reason he was not accepted to UGA]. Cooke should've went to a junior college and in 3 years you could easily see him being a lottery pick.

How can you in the same post say that Nowitski lacks killer instinct and then trumpet a player like CWebb, someone who is guilty of the exact same thing??

Yes, I would take Nowitski over AI and CWebb. They are both very good players but Dirk is simply more talented, more versatile and younger.

So Euro players are a dime a dozen?? You must be reading too many Diesel posts. Players like Dirk, Peja, Toni Kukoc, Vlade, Pau Gasol, Tony Parker, Andrei Kirilenko, Nickoloz Tskitishvili, Marco Jaric represent some of the best and some of the top up-and-coming players in the league, and I woud love to have any of them on the Hawks.

The reason that I feel this way about Collins is number one that if someone hadnt been the gym with them, he probably would have killed or at least seriously injured that other kid. Whatever the situation, there is a fine line between beating someones a** and seriously injuring or killing them. The kid thought he was in the WWF and was about to whack him with a metal chair. That crosses the line and BlackHawkDown I am sorry but I dont care what grade you are in, everyone knows that using something like a chair is crossing the line between right and wrong.

Also, he JUST did that ESPN Interview and he completely blamed his lawyer for that incident. He didnt even take it like a man and admit that he was wrong........he also claims that he never assaulted that girl either........whether he did these things or not, he should just say that I have made mistakes in my past and I want to move on. He isnt doing that. He just needs to grow up, and I wouldnt even consider wasting a roster space on him.

With the exception of Tony Parker & Dirk you just listed A litany of losers. Remember Alexander Volkov. Do you want the hawks to follow trends or set them. b/c of Shaq (D.Robinson & Duncan) every one wants a dominant big man, b/c of the Pistons 88-90 everyone started building strong defensive squads, b/c of Kidd everyone wants a pure point. Lets make sure the next trend is b/c the hawks set it.

Remember Alexander Volkov."

We wouldn't have those players if we knew how to

draft them.It's no excuse,good and smart people(Coach

for Dallas)and the Kings mangement knows who has

talent and who doesn't.

Just because the Hawks don't know how to draft doesn't

mean there aren't alot of good forgein players out there.

Like me guess...Peja is a loser right?He only averages more

PPG as a 2nd option than our first option averages.AND ON

the 1st or 2nd best team in the league.When Webber was

out Peja was getting about 23PPG and the team was STILL

winning.

Webber is alittle overrated cause his team didn't lose a beat

when he was out.Peja jsut scored even more and the team

still won.

HAHHA!That is you're response?That is ALL you have left?Not only

do you not know anything about basketball,but you don't have a

decent arguement either.

Oh yeah Dirk Nowitzski isn't a good player.....HAHAHAHA!

I take back my comment,I can't possibly be you're worst

nightmare...because you're mirror is.