The Fix.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I feel that in order to fix all of our problems... We have to do several things and there are several directions that we can take.

1. First is move JT to SG and get a capable PG to play with him. I suggested earlier trading for Kenny Anderson. While Anderson is not 6'8 and doesn't gaurd SGs.. With this fix, we play a Zone defense. On offense, we would have too many scorers for anyone to outscore us. And if the zone gives a team any trouble....We should easily outscore them. Plus both JT and KA (Or DD) should be very active on the perimeter of a good zone... maybe a 2-1-2 or a 3-2 depending on what kind of team we play.

2. We abandon the whole JT Project and we go for a pure PG and a skilled SG. This might work.. However, we would probably have to make several trades to get where we want to be. All that said, I was looking at our good friend Jerry West. Word is that he was after Marcus Camby???? What? Just when you thought Marcus Camby career was over, here he comes again. And Philly was after him too??? That tells me that shot blockers are marketable.....

Try this as a starter?

Atlanta trades: C Theo Ratliff (7.5 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 29.1 minutes)

Atlanta receives: C Lorenzen Wright (9.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes)

SG Shane Battier (7.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 28.8 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +10.2 ppg, +3.8 rpg, and +1.3 apg.

Memphis trades: C Lorenzen Wright (9.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes)

SG Shane Battier (7.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 28.8 minutes)

Memphis receives: C Theo Ratliff (7.5 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 35 games)

Change in team outlook: -10.2 ppg, -3.8 rpg, and -1.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Atlanta and Memphis being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and Memphis had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 875094

The followup trade would involve send JT away for a pure PG...

How about JT plus 2 1st rounders to LAC for Andre' Miller.

Then....

Our team would be:

Miller/Dickau

Battier/Glover/Newble.

Big Dog/Hamm/CC

SAR/Hendu

Lo/Nazr

This team would win.

D - these "follow up trades" are bogus - simply way to much conjecture to think that we could convince two teams to make a specific trade.

come up with one, preferable two way, and just simplify things...otherwise, you assume way to much.

you think Battier's actually got hte range and lateral quickness to play the two? he seems like a prototypical three...