• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Hog

BlackHawkDown

It has been repeated numerous times on this board that the Hawks are better w/o Big Dog and that the defense improves w/o him on the floor. but let not forget we got him for the worst defensive player in the league - Toni Kukoc.

Glover and Kukoc are the worst defensive tandem in the league. Even if the opposing SF didnt score many points. Just their presence freed up the opposing offense.

Bu this is what I warned of, their are no short cut to winning. Trading away picks for right now players has brought us here. We could have spent this wasted season developing young players. We could have signed unsigned high schoolers. But hey the Hawks just had to make the playoffs ... Right?

• Premium Member

I agree with a lot of what you said.

However, there's this one thing.

We had to get off of the treadmill of development. Lots of teams stay there many yrs with NO Results. We had to move on. I wouldn't take back any of the right now trades we made. In fact, they were very good ones. Also, I don't see SAR, JT, or Big Dog as being the problem. They are what they are.

However, what we must do is find a way to make what we have work... Or start all over. My suggestion is that we get a PG. Say what you want... JT is a ballhandling Shooting Gaurd. We need a PG. Someone with the right mentality. If you want to talk about development... Dickau could be the guy to run the offense. However, he has to develop. I would rather bring in someone else and let Dickau Learn. Also, we must realize that with the makeup of our team, the best thing we can do is play Zone defense. Nobody on this team is a strong one on one defensive player save IRA. The rest of our team is Offensive. What we must do is build up our strength. I would start by finding a trade for Theo (that would help us).

Philly is looking for a defensive C. I would not be totally against... Snow/McCollough for Theo. Snow is a defensive PG that can run the offense. Nazr would move up to Starting C. We can then play a 3-2 Zone defense. The reason I would trade Theo is because he's making too much to only be getting 7 boards. Also, He's useless to us unless we trade most of our team for more defensive players.

Another possibility is Theo to Seattle for Anderson/Radmo? Again. Same situation. Except this time we bring in a reserve who can play some SF and can hit a long range shot. A second trade of some of our other players might be neccessary.

However, Same theme. We trade for people who build us up.