• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One "insiders" take on the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

In reply to:

Atl - Will make a deal but only for right pieces back. Terry, Ratliff and Nazr are in play. But standard line - cheap young athleticism under rookie K or reasonable K only need apply. Kasten getting flooded with calls but hasn't heard anything he likes yet.

I'm wondering if Babcock has been removed from the final decision making part of our show?

Also, Athleticism seems to be the order of the day.

I would love us to trade Theo for Chandler? I'd take back every bad Bull Contract to get Chandler.

I also wonder if JT/Nazr is being packaged together? IF So, we'd need to get back a good 9 million dollar allstar!!! I can't imagine who though?

I wonder if we have been talking to St. Jean in GS? Trading Terry to Emuss and taking back Richardson might be of interest? A backcourt of Arenas/Terry would work...

This insider also said Lookout for Grant to Seattle for Anderson/Booth. There goes my hopes in Seattle. The trade makes too much sense for both teams not to get done. ONly thing is can we somehow get Best??

I agree that a backcourt of JT and Arenas would work. Arenas is not a pure point and neither is JT but I think they have enough PG skills between them to get it done. The only problem is that both are FAs after the season and I think Arenas is unrestricted. Resigning him and JT could be problematic for us or GS due to the fact that both teams are over the cap. Even still, I wonder what it would take to land Arenas from GS? Musselman said that he liked Dickau over the summer. Maybe that's a start.

You said the trade makes too much sense not to happen but it only makes sense for Seattle if they plan to sign GP to an extension. Even with Grant, I don't think SEA is a real threat to SAC, DAL or LA.

If I were SEA, I'd try to trade GP for some good young talent and I'd keep Anderson because of his ending contract. The 3-way trade between GS/SEA/CHI that Chad Ford posted on his insider column is interesting.

Both GP and Anderson have ending contracts and Payton's contract is bigger..

I doubt seattle would take on Grant, they are happy that someone took that stiff Baker off their hands they are not about to take an overpriced player of someone else their hands.

If only the sonics would determine what they want to do with GP next season. If they want to retain him they should trade Kenny Anderson for someone like Camby or Wright/Swift. If they want to jumpstart a reload of their franchise now is the time to trade GP as his value is still very high for for instance a package of several young players like Indy did (rose trade) with Chicago.